Fuel consumption in your boc/cupra/fr

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi guys well just 3900 miles now in my boc and what a machine it is:D just wondering what people have been getting mpg out of them? I've always used optimax and this week got my best overall mpg (42) and 350 out of tank, this was a mix of mway and urban but only in drive mode. Deffo getting better as miles go on[B)]

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
i get about that in mine mate...40 ish mpg on the motorway at 70.

The problem i have is that for the last 3 years i have been driving an economical 1.6tdci so to jump from that to a tsi it is a bit different...

Most of my miles is motorway driving so i am glad to see around 350 out of a tank

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Best I've got is 310 miles out of a tank, since then I have averaged 260 - 270. Last tank was a 230 though.

Consumption is best if I'm on roads and using the cruise control alot.

ED

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I got 45mpg on the way to work 50miles and then 35mpg back in traffic. Its getting better as I put on the miles. If you boot it though they are thirsty little buggers!

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Cheers for replies guys seems like the figures quoted from seat are fairly achievable , if light footed ofcourse:whistle:

jrallnutt

My Boc is now on about 3k - the quoted mpg figures are possible, I think, but the best I've managed on my 30 mile drive to work is 41mpg usually more like 35. It's all back lanes though so not too suprising. The mpg has defo improved since new though. So far motorway mpg seems even worse - but I guess would be fine if you stick at 70.

I've found that you really have to keep your right foot very light to get any kind of decent mpg. My old Golf diesel would range from about 45mpg if you gave it a lot of stick, to about 55 if you nursed it. The Boc is much more sensitive - more like 20mpg if you rag it and 40 if you are v v v careful. Guess that's a big difference btween petrol and diesel.

Anyway - worth a few extra quid on fuel for the extra grinning when you hear the rasp and feel the acceleration.

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
Had my car for 2 days now, been getting an average of 36mpg that's with a whole range of driving including a bloody quick run without even realising talk about quick and quiet [B)]

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I bought it because I thought it would be good on fuel when not booting it. Which it kind of is. If I wasn't bothered about mpg i'd have gone for something with a 2.0TFSI :)

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
I am just finishing my first tank and i don't think i have got more than 250 miles out of it,mainly urban driving in Drive with the occasional Sport sprint.

The best i have seen is 35 mpg on A roads,i hope that the consumption is gonna improve and i will get at least 300 miles out of the next refil.

dave1981uk

Done about 5k now. Can get anywhere between 26 - 38 mpg on the 10 mile commute to work. This is a mixture of urban driving and backlanes. All depends how heavy the right foot is and how much fun you wanna have in sports mode i guess!

Have managed 46 mpg on a 380 mile round trip (all motorways). Certainly much more economical (and even more impotantly, much faster), than the Fiesta ST I had before. So pretty pleased with that. Mpg has definately improved with time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise