Fuel pump upgrade - when?

davegolfturbo

well i think awsome gti need to get new sales staff haha cheers mate. i need to know about this spooling up full boost at 3500 now :p lol

davegolfturbo

just wondering if someone could help on the fitting of an intank fuel pump is there much involved and how do you do it? thanks dave.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
So is the APR pump just a standard 225 pump with the 2nd pick up pipe blocked off? or has the pump just got new internals? Would it just be easier to get an LCR pump?

davegolfturbo

ive just rang seat and audi audi quoted me 205.47 inc vat inc 10% discount. seat offered me 182.64 with a 20% discount. the part number i quoted was 8L0919051H which appears to be the right pump for the 180 1.8t and also the BAM engine code for the cupra r! he has just also rang me back this minute and said it is deffinetely a 4 bar pump and is used for the mk1 tt 225 engine aswel. so this must be the lcr pump is it? and wont need ajny pipes blocking off?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Hard to say because the AUQ 180 engine is also listed for that code, so SEAT give the same code for the 180 and the 210/225 engine - very confusing.

The TT 225 is a different pump so he's talking rubbish, it has an extra outlet because the 4WD tank is different.

That's why I went for the APR pump - nothing confusing and I knew it would go straight in because it's a TT 225 pump modified for FWD.

Last edited:

davegolfturbo

the person at audi said that the pump was for a f/w/d tt 225 mk1 version the 1.8t. The one froms eat seems the right one as the part no is 8L0919051H, and this also matches the tt 225 one from audi!

However after looking on ebay last night i came across this OE replacement for the CUPRA - R. the guy said the part no for the pump is ITP 331 and its either a walbro or wytech (which ever comes in the box) and matches the code 8E0906087C, which again is different to the code quoted from seat and audi for the 225 pump.

Here is the link to the pump i found

RobDon

Pro Detailer
There is no such thing as a FWD Mk1 TT 225 - lol! They are 4WD and have a different pump.

That ebay pump - I wouldn't, looks like a cheap in-tank pump that would require changing the wiring etc.

SEAT list 8L0919051H for the 180 AUQ engine too - hence the confusion.

I knew about all of this before, so my advice is to go for either an in-line Walbro and wiring harness from the likes of USRT or get the APR pump - no confusion.

Last edited:

davegolfturbo

i cant source an apr fuel pump thats the only problem awsome gti ahve non in stock plus they dont have a clue what they are talking about, yesterdaty they tried telling em that it is a standard pump and is not 4 bar :s also that you need an inline pump to make it work. so i gave up with them. i need to get one asap as my re mapping session is booked in for the 26th! yeah the pump is listed for the 180 AUQ engine but apparently this is exactly the same part that the cupra r (BAM) uses so this must be the correct pump?

in regards to the ebay one it is a direct replacement for the cupra r pump but it is only the pump it does not come with all the carrier that the pump sits in so im wondering if this will fit in my original carrier with sensor on it.

when you got the APR one did you have to take your old pump out and drop new one in your old carrier or was it all one unit ad just a simple case of dropping it in the tank?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
i cant source an apr fuel pump thats the only problem awsome gti ahve non in stock plus they dont have a clue what they are talking about, yesterdaty they tried telling em that it is a standard pump and is not 4 bar :s also that you need an inline pump to make it work. so i gave up with them. i need to get one asap as my re mapping session is booked in for the 26th! yeah the pump is listed for the 180 AUQ engine but apparently this is exactly the same part that the cupra r (BAM) uses so this must be the correct pump?

in regards to the ebay one it is a direct replacement for the cupra r pump but it is only the pump it does not come with all the carrier that the pump sits in so im wondering if this will fit in my original carrier with sensor on it.

when you got the APR one did you have to take your old pump out and drop new one in your old carrier or was it all one unit ad just a simple case of dropping it in the tank?

If the LCR does use a different fuel pump from the LC, then it isn't listed as they both have the same part number.

Yes the APR pump is a straight swap for the OE one, you have to swap them in the carrier. That ebay one will not plug straight in like the APR one. The simplest one to get and fit is an inline Walbro.

I gave you the link to where I got the APR pump, so how can't you get one?

davegolfturbo

i wont be able to get one in time for the map will i :s is your apr one doing the right job and is it a 4 bar pump?

how come the ebay one wont plug straight in like the apr one, its just the pump so i presume i would just do the same as if it was the apr one as in undo the carrier and change inside that?

The pump for the LCR comes directly from the dealers with the carrier and level sensor included so its a case of undo old and drop new in no need to split the carrier and that.

just spoke to SEAT part dep again and they confirmed that both the pump for the leon cupra (lc) and the leon cupra r (lcr) are listed as exactly the same part no which is 8L0919051H. so this must be the right one as the cupra r only has one part no. ?

davegolfturbo

also if the apr pump is a modified LCR pump and fits in your original carrier then surely the OE replacement cupra r (lcr) from ebay will also fit in the standard carrier?

davegolfturbo

its so confusing because the next thing is is the carrier the same fitment in the leon and ibizas as the mk4 golf lol! ahhhhhhh

davegolfturbo

right ive ordered one of the LCR pumps from seat, they confirmed to me that is deffinetely a 4 bar pump as they spoke to the technical team. Both the LCR and the LC use the same pump apparently and as said before have exact same number so hopefully this will be sufficient enough for the map on the 26th, thanks for the help and advice, i would of bought the APR one but it would not of come in time and i could of risked missing my mapping session. Also as it is coming from the dealers i wont need to split the carrier it will just be a direct replacement and comes in a new carrier with new sensor and everything included. should be with me tmrw! :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
neither of those cars run more than 3bar fuel pressure regulators guys
did their technical guys have the flow charts to send for the pumps flow delivery vs pressure head?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.