GazEP3's Candy White Ibiza SC Sport

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Possibly! Half my problem is I'm only 5' 10" and the car sits far too bloody high so getting a good tug at the aerial isn't the easiest, need a lanky volunteer to try their luck :lol:

Not 100% sure about 'boccing' the front yet, I think for now I'd prefer the Cupra look. I had an idea of how to give mine a slightly more Cupra'esq look but it failed miserably.

Got my Cupra headlights and black mirror caps on Friday [B)]

Last edited:

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
I know gown you feel. Im only 5'10 lol
try standing behind the car and pull it not from the side, (feet on the rear windscreen for extra leverage)

How was you planning on making it look like a cupra then? And what went wrong?
Get them fitted and stick some pics up of the motor then

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
i feel for you there char :)
i can barely reach the middle of the roof to polish it properly lol

Nah i am pretty much happy with boc front :)
Maybe spray it black rather then vinyl one day

And im thinking deffo spoiler, maybe lower and skirts and thats it for mods :p will finish it off nice for mine :)

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Try being 5'3 and trying to wash the roof!

I'd rather have a cupra bumper than a boc front tbh.

lol I'd say that'd be fun to watch :p Yeah think I'd prefer the Cupra bumper too, better all rounder I think

I know gown you feel. Im only 5'10 lol
try standing behind the car and pull it not from the side, (feet on the rear windscreen for extra leverage)

How was you planning on making it look like a cupra then? And what went wrong?
Get them fitted and stick some pics up of the motor then

That'd be tellin ;)

The mirror covers were a piece of pish to fit!! 2mins had them swapped over and you don't need to remove the glass like someone else said. Just use a flat head screw driver under the bottom of the mirror cap and hit the screw driver a bit of a thump and lever the old cover off :thumbup:

The aerial eventually came off too :) I'll get pics up soon

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
You need to get a video up to show how you removed it lol. If i did it like that i could gurantee i'd slip and scratch something.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
:clap: you finally got your aerial off :clap: haha

and i used a knife as it has a thinner blade and is easier to get it there, i tried vinyl on them for a quick go to see how they would look in black, wasnt bad but i dont want too much black on my bright white car lol

Its really not too hard, i heard someone use a credit card to get in behind it then just pulled it off.

And gaz your supposed to take the glass out the mirror to do it properly and not risk breaking one of the tabs, but no-one does it properly

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
You need to get a video up to show how you removed it lol. If i did it like that i could gurantee i'd slip and scratch something.

I won't be putting a screw driver anywhere near my nice shiny new black ones lol but seriously it is painfully easy! Has to be one of the easiest mods to do bar changing your air freshener :lol:

:clap: you finally got your aerial off :clap: haha

and i used a knife as it has a thinner blade and is easier to get it there, i tried vinyl on them for a quick go to see how they would look in black, wasnt bad but i dont want too much black on my bright white car lol

Its really not too hard, i heard someone use a credit card to get in behind it then just pulled it off.

And gaz your supposed to take the glass out the mirror to do it properly and not risk breaking one of the tabs, but no-one does it properly

Why turn a 2min job into a half hour one? :lol: Yeah a dinner knife would work well too. You could put a bit of insulation tape around the blade to stop it scratching if you wanted Char??? I wasn't shy in levering it off and didn't break any of the tabs.

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Yeah i used a knife to get the side indicators off anyway.

I always thought you could just get them off without taking the mirror off anyway, as theres a small groove just at the top of the casing. Whats that for?

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Yeah i used a knife to get the side indicators off anyway.

I always thought you could just get them off without taking the mirror off anyway, as theres a small groove just at the top of the casing. Whats that for?

Yeah there is a groove at the top but I opted for the bottom just in case I did slip up and scrape it.

My new smoked side repeaters arrived today, exact same as the last pair. It's all coming together very nicely now, grille and headlights should be fitted next week all being well :D

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I'm waiting on some vinyl to wrap the chrome surround on my grille, should look like this when it's done :)
Marksblack.jpg

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Ah ok! Haha i'm so intrigued by the grille though!

I know, really can't wait to get it fitted

I'm waiting on some vinyl to wrap the chrome surround on my grille, should look like this when it's done :)
Marksblack.jpg

I've a load of black vinyl here mate. I got mine sprayed in gloss black though. Was nearly gonna carbon wrap it but thought the gloss black would blend in with the mirror caps and the panoramic roof. Yours is looking really well by the way :thumbup:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members