GazEP3's Candy White Ibiza SC Sport

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Do like the speedo hood, gonna do mine gloss black in the end lol.

And the boc has a plastic carbon fibre as Standard.

Oh yeah forgot about that. I've still yet to see one up close over here, they're still pretty rare in NI. Depending on the market price a boc might be my next move since the insurance is only an extra £30 for me :D

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
**Now lowered**

Fitted my new Apex springs last night. Quite impressed with both the drop and the ride quality. Dropped a little more than 35mm I think as I can now only get my thumb in between the tyre and arch :D

Some pics I took with my phone

Before...

imag0172sp.jpg

Just After...

imag0173i.jpg

imag0174m.jpg

And after a wash...

imag0175kk.jpg

imag0177t.jpg

imag0178v.jpg

Will get better pics with a proper camera through the week

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Such a huge difference!

Hate looking back at the old photos now to see what it used to look like. Proper looks like a 4x4 lol. Looks great though.

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Such a huge difference!

Hate looking back at the old photos now to see what it used to look like. Proper looks like a 4x4 lol. Looks great though.

Yeah I agree, this is how it should've come from the factory! I actually think the Apex springs are more comfy and barable than the standard ones, they were far too crashy

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
**lowered and lower rear lip painted**

Got my new rear lip painted and fitted tonight. Here's what it looks like now....

imag0188x.jpg

and again, why Seat never did this to begin with is beyond me as it looks so much better!!

And here's the plan over the next week or so, only in gloss black :D

imag0188a.jpg

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Very nice - thats been on my todo list since i got the side skirts as without it the side view of the car would look strange with the paint on the back bumper starting so high up. Only thing Im not sure of is if the factory fitted parking sensors can be painted.

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
I've no idea about the parking sensors, I don't have them. Stop when you feel resistance :lol:
It will give it a much more agressive look though, much more like the Cupra but without the vents in the rear bumper

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Did you have the skirt sanded down/filled before spraying or just primed and painted as usual?

You couldn't really smooth the whole thing down flat and then use a regular primer, it would take ages to do so it was rubbed down a bit and sprayed with a high build primer to get a nice smooth finish before painting. The end result was very smooth, really happy with it

So now the list of mods include:
Apex 35mm springs - Done
A bit of colour coding - Done
17" Saga alloys - Done
Optional spoiler - Done
Black mirrors - Done
Smoked side repeaters - Done
Cupra headlight conversion - Done
Carbon wrapped head unit fascia, door handles, door sills and speedo hood- Done
Shitroen C2 stubby ariel - Done
Upgraded headlight and fog light bulbs (Low beam: Ring Xenon Max 120%, High beam: Osram Nightbreakers Plus, Fog lights: Ultra 5000k) - Done
Silvatec indicator bulbs - Done
SMD Interior and number plate light bulbs - Done

Could be tempted to finish with off with a custom exhaust and sideskirts :p

Last edited:

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
You've got some nice ideas down! Car is looking really nice now. Seeing that the hood of the speedo is able to be wrapped, I really want to do mine now!

Did you make a template? Or did you just lay the vinyl on the hood and then trim the excess with a blade?

Also, when applying, did you stretch it with a hairdryer?

Cheers!

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
You've got some nice ideas down! Car is looking really nice now. Seeing that the hood of the speedo is able to be wrapped, I really want to do mine now!

Did you make a template? Or did you just lay the vinyl on the hood and then trim the excess with a blade?

Also, when applying, did you stretch it with a hairdryer?

Cheers!

I tried it with a template at first but it fell slightly too short so second time round I just laid the vinyl down and trimmed it in place. Needs a bit of manipulating with a hairdryer and use a credit card to press it into the joins.

Materials needed are: 1 roll of Hexis carbon film (search eBay), 1 craft knife, 1 hairdryer, 1 clipper lighter (more reliable than the cheap market ones), lots and lots of patience :lol:

1) Do the top half first and fold a few mm down over the front then trim. Be generous with the film!

2) Pull the speedo surrounds (not the hood) out carefully but firmly.

3) Then do the bottom half and fold it up over the top, you'll need to use heat to get the creases out.

4) The trickiest bit is trimming along the front evenly the whole way along and getting a nice join. There's no easy way to do it, take your time and do it in bits if you need to. I don't have the hands of a surgeon so it took a few attempts. I found a lighter was a handy tool to add extra heat and manipulate the film, just flick a flame at it here and there to melt the film a bit and blend it in ;)

5) Stand back and (hopefully) admire your handy work ;)

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
I went for 3 meters of the gloss black. Im going to have a play with some of the other interior panels. Ill let you know how it goes!

Thanks again man.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members