Gear Stick Gaiter split

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Hi just wondered how many peoples Gear Stick Gaiter has split. Have a look at the creases, pull the gaiter up and I think a lot of you will have a shock as you will then be able to see if its split or not. between me and my daughet 2 cars covered 20k 3 new gaiters.

JOEYNITRO

Feb 6, 2010
Co.Durham
On my second gaiter now also handbrake handle was catching on surround around it. Been in 3 times for garage to re-fit handbrake handle, better now but still rubbish build quality. All the ibiza's in the garage where i got the car from had the same problem as well.

white blood

when you say rubbing against the console do you mean plastic bit which goes from the handbrake and slips into the center console?

Yeah the actual handbrake is rubbing up against the surround console (which isnt central). I've tried straigtening out the console because it will move left to right but eventually it settles back to rubbing against the handbrake again!!! [:@]

white blood

Yeah the actual handbrake is rubbing up against the surround console (which isnt central). I've tried straigtening out the console because it will move left to right but eventually it settles back to rubbing against the handbrake again!!! [:@]

Just wondered if the above problem is covered under warrenty and can be fixed for free? Also if it is, I bought the car from hobbins in preston but now live in the merseyside area so would I be able to take it to a liverpool dealer to fix under warrenty?

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Ares done under warrenty, and you you can take your car to any seat dealer, got my leon over a 100 from my address and my local seat dealer dose my warrenty work now going in for the second time no prob

Ibiza 09

will my split in the gear stick material be fixed under warentee then tomorrow when it goes in

Ibiza 09

ok, its going in at 9am and its a 35 minute drive in rush hour but its mostly a country lane :) and then a duel carraigeway, ill post back on what the outcome is.

Ibiza 09

well done droitwich seat is all i can say, took 25 minutes to do under warrenty very polite, will be using them again and they left my car clean and tidy - well tidy as in the way i left it but they did empty my bin and removed the empty coke can from the drink holder. they also started the work at 8.50 instead of me hanging around 10 mins longer which it was booked in for 9.

overall i am happy with the work they have done

gillian & james

Feb 28, 2010
Well done robin, at least you got it sorted :)

I'm glad its been mentioned about the handbrake thing,|I've since looked at mine, and you can see where its rubbing. :-(

white blood

Think the handbrake problem is widespread. My cars due its second service next month so I'l ask them to fix that along with the rim badges that have gone cloudy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.