aidtheace

May 6, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
I'm wondering if anyone has ever replaced the engine bay fuse box on a 2011 Ibiza or similar.
The one on the car currently is quite badly corroded and I'm wondering if this is the cause of an issue iv been having.

Does anyone know how to replace these? What is involved? Is it difficult to do on my own ect.

The issue I've been having is, when ever I go over a reasonable size bump whilst driving, the whole car cuts out and the dash lights all come on for a few seconds and then it comes back.
All electrics like the radio and air con stay on. It's not like the car loses electrical power, but does lose drive.
I think that something is grounding out over the bump and then reconnecting.

Sometimes it will kill the drive and the D symbol will flash where what gear your in would usually be displayed. I will then have to pull over and turn the car off and back on again and it's back to normal.

It's becoming more and more frequent.

Any help on this would be appreciated 👍
Thanks!

See attached image for which fuse box I'm referring too.
IMG20230613114344.jpg

aidtheace

May 6, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Ive done it myself, it was pretty easy, I reused the small fuse box on the new one.

seems like you have a lot of modifications there?

I dont know if the problem comes from there though, as long as the concat points are not rusty it doesnt matter the rust.

Hi,

Iv never actually done anything at this car.
However I believe the only other owner who had it before me relocated the battery to the boot.
Which wires are you referring to that look modified?

Cheers,

Aiden.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise