• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

tom t

Active Member
Feb 12, 2011
365
1
Right do I get my gearbox refurbished with a shim in to prevent the 3/5 gear de acceleration whine.

Or I have found gearboxes on ebay from Germany which seems a good option. Something like this https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gearbox-FZ...349610&hash=item25f1d64810:g:-hQAAOSwZB9aO5Un

Or do I possibly try and find a 2.0tfsi engine and gearbox and stick that in not sure how much work that would involve.

Would be sticking a new clutch in Aswell. If I stuck with the 1.8t looking on bill badger 5s website looks like the standard clutch cover and the sachs sintered paddle disc may be the way to go. Any opinions on this?

Thanks Alot!!