General Off Topic Chat

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
At present, the General Off Topic Chat forum's header says

"General Off Topic Chat To be used for non car related subjects of a general nature."

Perhaps the words "non car related" ought to be removed. That might encourage people to stop posting 'guess what I just beat at the traffic lights'-type posts in the Leon Mk1 section (and others).

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
there should be an "idiot threads" section.

can you imagine the fun mork would have moving threads into it.
you could call it the scrap yard!!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
there should be an "idiot threads" section.

can you imagine the fun mork would have moving threads into it.
you could call it the scrap yard!!

I actually really like that idea. Perhaps direct newbies to it even before the forum rules. It would probably be read more than the rules but have a greater impact. Far better they see the ridicule someone gets for not searching, or for bragging at going 130 mph, or for trying to post a for sale add and getting furious when it's rejected for the obvious. Yes please, let's have a 'Scrap Yard' section! :clap:

I actually think it would get more laughs than the Jokes & Fun section too.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
At present, the General Off Topic Chat forum's header says

"General Off Topic Chat To be used for non car related subjects of a general nature."

Perhaps the words "non car related" ought to be removed. That might encourage people to stop posting 'guess what I just beat at the traffic lights'-type posts in the Leon Mk1 section (and others).

Have done this now

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
can i move stupid adverts into it? like the 3 or 4 of the same ad with different things missing off each ad.it has me in stitches.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
No because you'd have to approve them first in order for them to be seen (I think) which then defeats the point of the moderation process.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Good to see that at least two people managed to end up in both threads that have so far made it in to the scrap yard section. They managed to get their personalities across in a way that was most befitting.