Genuine Dodgy Steering Noise

CupraDSG

first things first before i started this thread i went techno on the search bar and cannot find a thread similer...

i know these DSG cupras sound like a bag of spanners inside a bag of marbles at slow speeds [:@] BUT when im coasting in and out of my street on like the pebble dashed surface (not 100% smooth but not too rough) or a bit of a rough road -WITH- steering lock applied either left or right im getting a noise and vibration. (what seams from the rack or column)

to explain it i would make it sound extreme , its not - just damn annoying and sounds cheap .
its as if the droplinks are loose but they arn't . i went too the dealer they drove it and the tech said does it do it when your abusing it around bends at high speeds . i said yeah sometimes ... apparently theirs no fix as of yet and they know about it (they just said they would send a tech report) . im not asking for solutions unless you have a 100% answer but does any body else's do it . :think::think:

thanks jonny ,

p.s if there is already a thread could someone link me and possibly delete this i cannot search no more lol . .

CupraDSG

bag of spanners?

mine sounds allright, just lots of supercharger whine.

just referring too the DSG rattles nearly everyone has at slow speeds in there cupras/bocs as the dry clutch's figure out which gear to select upon your increase or decrease of speed usually most heard up too 3rd gear some louder than others , im pretty sure there is thread after thread on this . yours must be an exception. i have the whine too, i took all the charger covers off it sounds alright . :)

Dec 3, 2009
don't have the rattle noise in the FR.......

only can hear it changing gears, 2nd to 1st and when changing from D to N or R or P

CupraDSG

don't have the rattle noise in the FR.......

only can hear it changing gears, 2nd to 1st and when changing from D to N or R or P

If you can hear it 1st - 2nd or 2nd - 1st and d-n-r-p etc u have the rattle as thats when i hear it. Also mostly in D whilst moving in gears 1-2 . Beyond the rattle im asking about the steering. I just included it so people didn't mistake it for what im explaining.

Dec 3, 2009
If you can hear it 1st - 2nd or 2nd - 1st and d-n-r-p etc u have the rattle as thats when i hear it. Also mostly in D whilst moving in gears 1-2 . Beyond the rattle im asking about the steering. I just included it so people didn't mistake it for what im explaining.

But it's not annoying or not noticeable. It's more of a cluck than rattle in mine when changing gears and d-n-r-p.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
No issues or rattles with my Boc. Just supercharger whine and the DSG can only be heard when I go into N. Which can be expected as you have engaged neutral. I used to when I first had the car hear a creek from my power steering when steering at very low speeds. This has since stopped.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Mine is fine too. Just a really annoying squeek from the passengers seat when the missus is in the car.

CupraDSG

So its just me with the steering noise , Im actually not on about the dsg. Or anything to do with that. my dsg is fine, just this annoying steering thing like i said asif a drop links loose but only when turning slow on rough road or as if theres a loose bush in the steering rack. Its deffo a problem the dealer admitted he'd heard of a few but seat have made no fix for whatever the problem is , as of yet.:think:

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
i did have an issue with mine was making a knocking noise when you turn, or even slightly jiggle the wheel when the car was moving.

o/s droplink was worn thats what they told me anyway, repaired under warrenty and havnt heard a noise since.

CupraDSG

Lol at the above two posts. Yeah i think i might look at the drop links i dont know why stealer would not notice though. Perhaps not enough money too be made for them. :/

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise