Genuine Seat Armrest

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Hi guys hows things? I know this topic comes up all the bloody time but did a lengthy search there and havn't really found what I'm after...anyway I bought a second-hand armrest of ebay there about two months ago (genuine Seat part) but only really getting round to starting to fit it now.

Anyway been looking at some fitting guides but I'm not 100% that I have all the right pieces to fit it as mine seem different to the VW fitting guide I have seen on here. Has anybody a picture of ALL the exact pieces you need to fit the SEAT armrest or a fitting guide on their own Leon?

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
I fitted a genuine one around november if im write all you should get is:-
The Armrest
The metal bracket
Two bolts for the back
and a step to make it higher at the front
thats it i think but don't quote me on it!!;)

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Very good photos here of exactly whats entailed in fitting it:

http://www.cupra.net/Leon/Mein_Cupra/MAL/page_01.html

Great site mate thanks very much for the help!! Bought a 2nd hand genuine armrest there about a month or two ago but the pieces that came with just didn't seem right and that's why I needed the pic and the link shows I don't have all the pieces I need 2 fit it :(

Anyone know if the dealers sell individual pieces of the armrest e.g. the black cover that hides the connection between the two metal supports?

Deleted member 12147

Great site mate thanks very much for the help!! Bought a 2nd hand genuine armrest there about a month or two ago but the pieces that came with just didn't seem right and that's why I needed the pic and the link shows I don't have all the pieces I need 2 fit it :(

Anyone know if the dealers sell individual pieces of the armrest e.g. the black cover that hides the connection between the two metal supports?

No the dealers don't sell these parts separately, I was in the same situation. I ended up selling the second hand one I bought and got a brand new one for £95.

garycooperat34

funny because i just rang up the VW dealer nearby and they sell each part individually! bolts, bracket, lower, upper etc etc

garycooperat34

bracket + all bolts £28 +VAT
arm rest unit i think was £57 +VAT

garycooperat34

no, VW only. Seat might sell parts of the arm rest but nothing comes up on their catalogue

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
I bought a copy from ebay for £50, nightmare to fit and shocking build quality. Looks the nuts though and does the job.

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
theres a couple of kits on ebay, One looks good for about £50

One looks terrible for a little less money.

garycooperat34

theres a couple of kits on ebay, One looks good for about £50

One looks terrible for a little less money.

of course these arent genuine though. you're lucky to get a genuine one with fittings for £50 used!

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
exactly but one in particular looks just as good as genuine, Weather it is or not i wouldnt know but looks good.

Looks like it matches black LCR cloth perfectly too.

garycooperat34

exactly but one in particular looks just as good as genuine, Weather it is or not i wouldnt know but looks good.

Looks like it matches black LCR cloth perfectly too.

the real problem is, that like me, anyone with a cloth interior or an interior that's not black, your only choice is a genuine one otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb!

if you have black interior or leather, the fake ones can work ok.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise