Get more and more sick of this piece of crap every day

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Slowly hating this car more by the day. Literally every time I drive it something isn't working right, be it the pathetic excuse of an infotainment system to persistent rattles coming from the steering column and door once you get above 60.
Today's fun - get in and set off, it stays on "Loading settings" for about 10 minutes. Finally selects the primary user (which is a novelty as it usually selects guest). Carry on driving then about 15 mins later it decides I'm driving through a field about 2 miles from my actual location. See screenshot - red arrow/marker is where i actually was, see where the nav marker is. Stayed like that until I reached my destination about 10 mins later, jumping between random roads and fields in that area.

Car is a month or so old, running latest software.

Attachments

• PXL_20220801_165334713~2.jpg
    PXL_20220801_165334713~2.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 214
  • PXL_20220801_165211763~2.jpg
    PXL_20220801_165211763~2.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Sad
Reactions: Syphon

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Not to worry, normal service is resumed, got back in the car and it selected guest user instead of my primary user. 🙄

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
I'd call it Beta Testing.
Which frankly shouldn't be down to the customer.
Yes totally agree but tbh I haven't had the car long enough to form a judgement as regards the infotainment yet (Only had it a week) but what exposure I have had, I have to say I like time will tell I guess.
But....infotainment aside, I find the CAR really nice to drive😏

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Yes totally agree but tbh I haven't had the car long enough to form a judgement as regards the infotainment yet (Only had it a week) but what exposure I have had, I have to say I like time will tell I guess.
But....infotainment aside, I find the CAR really nice to drive😏
I've had my VZ2 since March and and happy to report that it's absolutely perfect. Goes like poo off a shovel, infotainment works as expected, and have to wrestle to keys off the missus as she possibly loves it more than me.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Sorry to hear that. My car is mostly issue free.

I did however once have the GPS offset issue you reported here. It happened during one trip and it didn't fix itself until I entered the car next day.

Reactions: Hizzards

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Slowly hating this car more by the day. Literally every time I drive it something isn't working right, be it the pathetic excuse of an infotainment system to persistent rattles coming from the steering column and door once you get above 60.
Today's fun - get in and set off, it stays on "Loading settings" for about 10 minutes. Finally selects the primary user (which is a novelty as it usually selects guest). Carry on driving then about 15 mins later it decides I'm driving through a field about 2 miles from my actual location. See screenshot - red arrow/marker is where i actually was, see where the nav marker is. Stayed like that until I reached my destination about 10 mins later, jumping between random roads and fields in that area.

Car is a month or so old, running latest software.
To be fair though, you hated the car long before you drove it (judging by forum history).
Is it possible that the issues you may face are exaggerated a bit by this predisposition?

Not trying to downplay your issues, because they are issues. Luckily, uncommon ones though.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
To be fair though, you hated the car long before you drove it (judging by forum history).
Is it possible that the issues you may face are exaggerated a bit by this predisposition?

Not trying to downplay your issues, because they are issues. Luckily, uncommon ones though.
Well, I wrote a review a couple of weeks after I had received the car saying that despite the issues to that point, I did like it. 🤷

The car itself - no major issues with - drives nice, looks nice, apart from a few cost cutting steps taken by SEAT I can't complain (and in any case, that's expected when buying a mid-range brand).
However the software completely spoils it. I drive very little these days (went from 25k miles per year to 5k overnight when changing jobs), so the fact I've experienced several infotainment issues already in just 500 miles of driving is just unacceptable. And I'm running the latest and supposed greatest software that fixes the myriad of other issues.
What I've experienced in the few weeks I've had it - which is more than the last 10 years of driving other cars.

- The sat nav issue I showed above has happened more than once, never to the same degree previously, but has shown me about 100m from where I actually was.
- I'd say around 1 in 5 times of driving it selects the guest user rather than the primary user.
- Random activation of voice control - turned it off in the end.
- When I get in, random screens sometimes flash on the infotainment for a second or two before disappearing.
- Using the steering wheel button to disable the dangerous "feature" that is lane departure then lands you in a completely different dashboard view.
- Sent a destination from the app to the sat nav, didn't come through so I entered it manually..about half an hour into my journey it popped up, so I cancelled it. Then the next two or three times I started the car, the destination came through and I had to dismiss it. Thankfully seems to have sorted itself now.

So I don't think it's any preconceptions, it's that the software isn't fit for purpose. That's more than clear to see from the plethora of problems on this forum, which unfortunately drown out the odd handful of people who repeatedly say "mine's perfect. Well, apart from...".

No, they aren't major issues, but it's shoddy all the same.

Reactions: Tormentor

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Unfortunately it's beyond 30 days, meaning it would be a long term rejection and I'd be liable for the difference in value.
As long as you're within 6 months it might be worth doing the numbers anyway, see what they offer, etc. At the least, it might provoke them into a serious attempt to fix it.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Unfortunately it's beyond 30 days, meaning it would be a long term rejection and I'd be liable for the difference in value.
Did you buy it or lease it? If leased, definitely try rejecting it after first unsuccessful fix attempt. If you reject in within first three months, you should be able to get all your money back. The same should work with purchase, considering prices of used cars vs new ones.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Did you buy it or lease it? If leased, definitely try rejecting it after first unsuccessful fix attempt. If you reject in within first three months, you should be able to get all your money back. The same should work with purchase, considering prices of used cars vs new ones.
It's leased.

Couple more sat nav annoyances to add today...

1) about 1 in 5 times passing a motorway junction when in the inside lane, it thinks I've come off at the junction.

2) despite having no poi's selected to show, it shows them all. This might be my misunderstanding of how it works, but in the POIs screen everything is deselected, yet the map has loads of entries for petrol stations, restaurants etc.