Glow Plugs

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
Have a 1.9 TDi PD130 engine either ASY or BLT engine code and one of my glow plugs died at Christmas time got a spare to see me through the winter, but now im going to replace all 4 of them as if ones failed guess the others wont be far behind. What make of glow plugs do i go for e.g whats fitted OEM wise or is better than OEM?

Currently looking at Bosch , Delfi , Buro or Denso

Ideas or are all pretty much the same?

thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Its not really about performance with glow plugs as they are only and aid to start your car not a nessesary part for the overalll performance like on a petrol. standard ones are about the best you can get and probably the only ones with a 2 year warrenty.

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
went for some denso ones in the end , wont really be needed with the air temperatures slowing increasing , but equally dont want crappy ones that fail as soon as winter comes round again , we shall see.

Have a 1.9 TDi PD130 engine either ASY or BLT engine code and one of my glow plugs died at Christmas time got a spare to see me through the winter, but now im going to replace all 4 of them as if ones failed guess the others wont be far behind. What make of glow plugs do i go for e.g whats fitted OEM wise or is better than OEM?

Currently looking at Bosch , Delfi , Buro or Denso

Ideas or are all pretty much the same?

thanks

hi just wanted to ask you know when your glow plugs failed did you get a engine manegment light on your dash . becasue today i fired up my car after 24 hours in -3 or lower temp the engine manegment light came on but the car seems to be driving perfect . ive been told it could be a glowplug :shrug:

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
alright mate yeah , basically the engine management light on the dash came on , and VAG COM showed a duff signal from glow-plug in cylinder 2 , can hook it up to a battery and it will glow red hot in a few seconds if it alive if not you get nothing :).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members