Goldie's LCR 'S6AT R',Revo Stage 2, Forge,Weitec,Quaife LSD...

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Well just been using my car for the every day drive to work and back for the last few weeks,Last weekend i gave it a good wash and polish as i felt i had been neglecting it a little !.
Am now gonna start putting a few ideas together for the approaching winter months (Boo) but before that i'm gonna attend GTI Festival at Santa Pod as for me it's the last show of the year and i'm gonna put it on the Show and Shine area and see what comments i get ??
In the meantime My brothers MK2 RS2000 has a magazine feature coming up so i will be putting my car cleaning skills into that and help him get it ready,If any of you are interested in these cars here's a couple of pics of it

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
A few random photo's from when i cleaned it up the other day

Have a few jobs i wanna do over the winter months starting with getting the bonnet and front end painted when money permits.

Last edited:

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Love the droop snoot. :D A real rarity now and a fair few pennies worth too!! Make sure you share some pics when you finish the mag prep!

Loving the Cupra mate, you've done a great job with it!

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Well the photo shot for the RS is gonna be this wednesday so really looking forward to that.Then its off to GTI Fest at Santapod on Sunday so a good week coming up! Not 100% whether i'm gonna be doing a few runs down the strip yet will see what the weathers doing on the day,Will have the car on the Vagtuning stand but will be looking out for other members from here
Pics to follow.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Car's looking immaculate mate, wish I could be bothered to clean mine that thoroughly :p

I'm liking the Mk2 as well, we used to have a Mk2 1600 Ghia in silver, black vinyl roof and red leather bench seats. Was a lovely car and wish we still had it.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate !
Few pics of the Mk2 RS all ready for it's shoot

Was a great day and thought the car looked great!!
Just keeping my fingers crossed for dry weather this weekend for Santapod.

pigeon fancier

Sep 27, 2013
Chesterfield
Love your lcr.looks spot on.
The rs2000 looks mint.that blue quite rare?had a 76 venetian red one 8yr ago,used it everyday for 2 yrs,loved every minute of owning / driving it.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Well due to the crappy weather forecast tomorrow it looks as though i wont be attending GTI Fest as its gonna rain all day!
Pretty gutted about it but don't think there would be much point turning up so for me thats it for this year car show wise.
When i bought the car at the start of the year my intentions were to try and get the car the way i wanted it and attend as many shows+meets as i could get to,Sadly i didn't get to half as many as i would have liked but having a family and a lack of spare money i did what was possible,
Have to say that i have really enjoyed owning the car and done what i could on a tight budget,Ive also enjoyed the comments ive received on here (Wish it was the same at the shows but you can't please everyone lol !!) and also following other members threads,Ive also met a few members from here along the way who have all been friendly but have to say my biggest regret was not making it to Players (Defo next year)
So now i have a few plans over the winter months when money permits as usual ! and look forward to next year where hopefully i will meet a few more of you and your cars

So heres a few pics of my car at the shows i went too

Ultimatedubs

Early Edition

Oxdubs meet

DC13

GTI International

Have to say my favourite show was DC13 due to the laid back atmosphere and the variety of cars on show,Will definitely be going next year,Hopefully see a few of you there???

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
So heres a few pics of my car at the shows i went too

Ultimatedubs

Lovely looking car you're parked next to there ;)

I'm hoping to get to a few more shows next year as well, just haven't had the time/money to do it this year but want to get back in to it after Christmas and try a few of the shows further south. Hopefully see you at a few of them :) may try for UD again this year but let someone else organise the club stand :p

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Lovely looking car you're parked next to there ;)

I'm hoping to get to a few more shows next year as well, just haven't had the time/money to do it this year but want to get back in to it after Christmas and try a few of the shows further south. Hopefully see you at a few of them :) may try for UD again this year but let someone else organise the club stand :p

Like the look of your Leon mate with those wheels on it :D
Will be up for Ultimatedubs again next year (Hope it's not snowing again!) Hopefully see you there:)

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Changed the rear tyres today as they were getting rather low !

Then on with the new ones,Not the greatest tyres on the market but should be good enough to see me through the winter

Also gave the rear brakes a quick clean up while the wheels were off

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Had a problem with water leaking in the boot over the last couple of weeks,After stripping it all out and cleaning the trim and carpet i found the leak which i think i have now sorted and have also fitted a new boot seal which i got from a local Seat dealer,
So after fitting it all back together i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will now stay dry,I'ts probably gonna rain all week again so won't take long to find out !,
Ive also bought some fly eye headlight film but am in two minds whether to put it on,may see how it looks next weekend,
Anyway i hadn't cleaned it for 3 weeks and it was starting to look at me as if to say what you playing at lol !! So i gave it a wash,Here's a few pics i took before i took it back out in the crappy weather and got it all dirty again

Last edited: