Goldie's LCR 'S6AT R',Revo Stage 2, Forge,Weitec,Quaife LSD...

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Well what can i say!! I used my car to take the family away this week and it was great on the trip down getting good mpg and also very happy with it when going from place to place.
Then it was time to go home!!!
I was just pulling in to grab a few bits for the journey home when i had to brake suddenly due to someone not looking what they were doing,thought nothing of it until 20-30 mins later we came back to the car to find the brake lights on ????
After a closer inspection i found that the switch had broken and also the battery was flat!!
So after a great bloke gave me a jump start i then bodged the switch to get us home (130 miles)
So it's now sat looking sorry for itself needing a new switch and also i think the battery has reached the end of it's life as it wont turn over!!,So now i won't be going to Edition38 this weekend and i can safetly say ive really had enough of it at the moment!!!

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
Try not to let these things put you off mate. I'm sure a brake switch isn't expensive and the battery could have died because of the brake lights being on? Stick with it buddy I think you'd regret getting rid of it!

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Well today i went down to my local GSF Car Parts and purchased a new switch at a very reasonable £8.00,So i replaced that after reading a guide on here an easy 10 min job,I then removed the battery and put it on charge for the day,So as that was charging i spent the morning cleaning the car in and out getting it ready for Edition38.
Then this evening i put the battery back on and all seemed fine so went for a spin in it for about 30 miles,When i got back i turned the car off then try'd to restart it and it wouldn't turn over,So obviously the battery has died!!,So i won't be going to Edition as i can't afford a new battery and a day out as i'm low on cash from being away with the family,So pretty gutted!,This car is seriously trying my patience at the moment lol !!!

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Stick with it mate. Battery could be the last thing you might have to pay out for the car for a while, and could be ages until something else goes wrong with it.

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
got a Halfords trade card or know anybody who has? Will knock a bit of £££ off

New battery shouldn't be that much more than the cost of filling the fuel tank....

swedey21

Most days i drink meths..
Nov 15, 2011
burford
Parked next to this yesterday,..had a black octavia Vrs...
Went inside pets at home..come out..but you had gone.

Ps looks a clean nice car..

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Parked next to this yesterday,..had a black octavia Vrs...
Went inside pets at home..come out..but you had gone.

Ps looks a clean nice car..

Hey mate i remember your car :)

Yeah when i got home that was it it wouldn't start again !!
Still today i went back to GSF and bought a new battery and now all seems fine so happy days :D

Hope fully that will be it for a while maintenance wise as my bank balance has taken a bit of a dip what with this and the new coilover etc...

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good news with the battery mate :)

Stuck a Yuasa one in mine not long ago as I was getting random fault codes (like 10!) so suspected it was the battery and it cured it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate !

So when i finished work today i had to give my boss a lift to pick his car up (BMW),He asked me if my car went well so i gave it a bit of welly and he said he couldn't believe how quick it was and that it was one of the fastest cars he'd been in RESULT !!
Anyway after a lot of thought i have the choice of going to either the Players show or Trax as i can only afford one,So what with Trax (Silverstone) being 15 mins down the road from me it makes sense for me to attend that one.Really wish i could make Players but it's just out of reach money wise due to the drive there and back because of what ive had to spend out on the car lately...
Hope you guys going to Players have a great day and i look forward to seeing your pics,Maybe next year ?????

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Thanks mate,
Real shame i can't make it as the main cars i follow on here belong to you guys that are going to Players and i'd love to see them,so yeah bit gutted about that but i just haven't the money for it.

So today i spent the morning getting the car ready for Trax,
Here's a few pics i took after a good wash and polish using Autoglym