Good Deal on new FR ??

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
similarly the deal negotiator is part of sidlow group of main dealers (gatwick area).

some dealers will tell you all sorts of nonsense to scare you into thinking you should pay them more money for exactly the same product!! do your research and save some ££'s good luck!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I hope you guys have looked on Motorpoint before parting with your cash.

They have about 24 Leon FR TDI's on their site price at £15K each complete with 3year warranties.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Hi newbie here,

haven't got a SEAT yet but I'm looking to buy an FR TDi has anyone bought one from Motorpoint they are currently advertising them at £15k, don't know what the actual OTR price is but I've bought from them in the past and found them OK

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(0msl...&body=Hatchback&fuel=Diesel&type=0&diesel=yes

Alan

ive never used them so i'm not speaking from experience, however, they are bog standard cars, not otr prices, and reading the footer does not inspire me with confidence;

Please note that all commercial vehicle prices stated are exclusive of VAT. All prices exclude Road Fund Licence and a First Registration Fee at the current rate where applicable. Savings are compared to new vehicle prices. Vehicles are supplied with balance of manufacturers warranty where available. Vehicles may not be to UK spec. Specification subject to confirmation on inspection. You may not be the first registered keeper. An optional preparation service is available for an additional £62.13. Pictures are for illustration purposes only.

the old adage 'buyer beware' comes to mind.

also, if you add in the extra cost i bet you could get somewhere near at your local stealer.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I was going to buy my golf from motorpoint derby, turns out

A: I was an import
B: It had no Radio/CD as standard
C: Tax/1st reg not included
D: A predelivery "valet" was extra too

I ended up going to Arthur Prince in Loughborough & getting a UK car £700 less than MPD quoted, not so great after all are they :doh:

Best Price on FR to date= £16,795 with all the toys listed in my 1st post, off to try & get a better price today though, its now a challenge:whistle:

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Ouch!!!!!!

I know. But I did tones of research and the going rate at the time seemed to be about £16500. Mine was up for 16300 and I got the 300 off, plus the 18s added which weren't on the car.

I even did the "All I'll pay is £16k" and then just wait for them to phone me back as if I'm not bothered! But it seems I was still done! ha ha. oh well.

BicketsSEAT

on the subject of motorpoint!
you may find when you do trade the car in,you may get significantly less than you bargained for(ie SEAT dealers may not pay top dollar for your import)
also,when your car has a warranty issue, you may not find your SEAT dealer overly sympathetic.
most of their cars are sourced from cyprus/malta and you have to pay extra for the same kind of warranty you get as standard here.
buyer beware!!

SCOTYG

i got my red fr tdi from morrisons in stirling. i paid £16200 and i got
bluetooth
18 inch wheels
give them a try and see what they offer, its not to far away.
good luck.

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
directseat is your best bet, get a price from them then give your dealer a chance to match it - don't get ripped off!

I'm getting a new metallic FRTDI with 18s, bluetooth, winter pack, convenience pack for £17015.

Hopefully delivered in next two weeks.

knackerdan, did you end up buying from directseat or did your local dealer match them? If matched, did the dealer put up a fight or was it easy?

cupra240

I just bought a new leon cupra from curt walker at Autoworld Shefield and got what i thought was a great deal £18750 inc metallic paint, then i went back 3 days later and got my missus a leon tdi FR for £16500 inc 18"s and blue tooth, i could have probably got both a little bit cheaper if i negotiated a little bit harder,The service i received was absolutley brilliant from both Curt and his collegues, communication was great and there service department are very good as well thats one of the main reasons i would recomend them to anyone {i had mudflaps fitted after}, I live at Chesterfield but the service was not quite as good as Sheffield so i did not mind the 20 minute journey,
Both were excellent purchases

knackerdan

knackerdan, did you end up buying from directseat or did your local dealer match them? If matched, did the dealer put up a fight or was it easy?

Dealer was spot on, got less for part ex but only to be expected - if you've got nothing to part ex you've got nothing to lose.

Thing is, if you're quite happy with a deal just go for it, you can hum and ha for weeks but once it's ordered it's a weight off your mind

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Quick Sneek pic !

Here she is [B)]

More pics to come when she's been cleaned

051020077891.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.