Goodbye M140i, Hello Cupra Leon

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
Hi all! I've been browsing the site and forum for a couple of weeks since placing my order and it's about time I said hello.

I'm completely new to Seat/Cupra and VWAG for that matter. I'm parting company with my cherished M140i LC2 which I've owned from new shortly as it spends more time in the garage these days than getting used so it's time to move it on.

As life has changed a lot, including my commuting habits, over the last 15 months I find myself routinely doing very short journeys to the local village shops with the odd journey of any notable distance. As a result, I wanted to replace the M140i with something cheaper to own and run so when I saw a great lease deal on a Cupra Leon Hybrid it made sense to make the switch. I can easily achieve 90% of my journeys in electric mode alone and any further afield I should be seeing double the MPG of the M140i.

I've taken delivery a few hours ago and I have multiple work calls today so I intend to get outside and explore the car in more detail soon.

Hope you're all well! Griff

Lowrider

Jul 9, 2021
I like yourself traded my 140I yesterday and picked up a formentor hybrid 245 . Very different to the BMW with a lot of technology.
well pleased hope you’ve had the same experience. Enjoy

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I like yourself traded my 140I yesterday and picked up a formentor hybrid 245 . Very different to the BMW with a lot of technology.
well pleased hope you’ve had the same experience. Enjoy

Small world! I've only done a couple of journeys in the Cupra so far but as you say it's a great leap forward in terms of technology over the BMW. We're hopefully planning a road trip soon to get used to all the features along the way.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Sold my m140i and ordered a formentor vz2 310.

Great engine in the m140i,crap suspension despite a birds kit.

Wasn't particularly sad to see it go and can't wait for the vz2

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Sold my m140i and ordered a formentor vz2 310.

Great engine in the m140i,crap suspension despite a birds kit.

Wasn't particularly sad to see it go and can't wait for the vz2
To be fair two totally different cars.

My Leon 2019 FR is lighter than the M140i and suffers the bumps more together with more understeer than the M140i, but again two different cars and for me the M140i suspension in standard is far superior, the Birds kit I told suffers more from the bumps..

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
To be fair two totally different cars.

My Leon 2019 FR is lighter than the M140i and suffers the bumps more together with more understeer than the M140i, but again two different cars and for me the M140i suspension in standard is far superior, the Birds kit I told suffers more from the bumps..
No the kit improved the standard suspension which is truly awful,no sophistication at all.

With the kit it was better but I still wasn't happy with it so off it went.

crap headlights too despite being leds.

Looked quite nice though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.