Got a leak! but cant find where its coming from?!

justjoe

Hello!

I admit this problem was a little while ago now, when we had heavy rain but...

Ive got a leak under my rear passenger side seat!

The car is a 04 plate Mk4 Ibiza S 5dr, and the rear seat mysteriously filled itself with water, like a spounge! So when a lucky friend of mine came to sit on it, he got a soaking :p

Ive had the seats out, the boot carpet, and i cant seem to see where its coming in from!
I had the seat out for about a week, during spells of heavy rain, and a small puddle of water formed where the seat should be.

The water is almost soapy, but odourless... someone mentioned it could be the rear windscreen wash hose leaking, but there appears to be plenty of screenwash left.

Its becoming a real pain in the ass, as the moisture is causing my rear windscreen to mist up everytime i want to use the car...

Anyone had similar problems? or any advice?

cheers!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i would hazard a guess at rear washer, easiest thing to do is remove seats and operate the rear washer for a while and see what happens.

if its from the roof interior, althogh unlikely, use a a hose on the outside of the car and place it at different points to try and see if you can source it. Another tip if leaking from roof or windows etc is to use chalk powder around the joints then you will see where it comes in straight away. messy but can save time, check round the rear door seals too.

But my guess is rear wiper.

leaks are usualy a pain and take time to find.

justjoe

yea, its definitly not from the roof, its all bone dry above.

Ill have a play with the rear wiper washer when its a little less snowy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members