Got a recall notice in the post hybrid system could catch fire

Ian986

Jun 23, 2021
We got a recall letter from Cupra in the mail today saying car hybrid battery could catch fire and the need a special mat to stop the flame spreading to the whole car.

I think ok car needs a service ,so get done at same time. Call SMC Aldershot and get told " sorry we can not do that recall as have to take batteries apart". So the nearest dealer is Southhampton that can do it. I think that is a pain having to do a 120 mile round trip. but in the end call snows no one available and we will call you back! nothing all day ! So i call again get told asked Did I buy car from them nope. So have to go through my local dealer and they will book it in with them. I said i am willing for you to do an service as the car has not been into any dealer! No sir have you to call nearest dealer and they will book in with them. I said i have done that and they told me to call you !

I think this is pretty Sh*t and try and call Cupra customer services and after being on hold for 15 mins get a message saying office is shut due to an emergancy Maybe one of there Cupra caught fire and burnt the office down.

To be honest this is the first issue I have has with the car and think it is pretty poor customer service.

• Wow
Reactions: Syphon

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
We got a recall letter from Cupra in the mail today saying car hybrid battery could catch fire and the need a special mat to stop the flame spreading to the whole car.

I think ok car needs a service ,so get done at same time. Call SMC Aldershot and get told " sorry we can not do that recall as have to take batteries apart". So the nearest dealer is Southhampton that can do it. I think that is a pain having to do a 120 mile round trip. but in the end call snows no one available and we will call you back! nothing all day ! So i call again get told asked Did I buy car from them nope. So have to go through my local dealer and they will book it in with them. I said i am willing for you to do an service as the car has not been into any dealer! No sir have you to call nearest dealer and they will book in with them. I said i have done that and they told me to call you !

I think this is pretty Sh*t and try and call Cupra customer services and after being on hold for 15 mins get a message saying office is shut due to an emergancy Maybe one of there Cupra caught fire and burnt the office down.

To be honest this is the first issue I have has with the car and think it is pretty poor customer service.
Welcome to aftersales service

Now you have made the initial purchase you have found that nobody actually cares anymore. This is part and parcel of buying a new Seat / Cupra 😎

The attitude they have I have experienced it many many times at various dealerships.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Welcome to aftersales service

Now you have made the initial purchase you have found that nobody actually cares anymore. This is part and parcel of buying a new Seat / Cupra 😎

The attitude they have I have experienced it many many times at various dealerships.
Unfortunately not just Seat/Cupra. Mercedes aftercare was the worst customer service experience I've ever had in my life. I had to complain to head office just to get someone to call me back from their service department RE a warranty claim.
Audi on the other hand were amazing. At least at the dealership I used anyway.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Unfortunately not just Seat/Cupra. Mercedes aftercare was the worst customer service experience I've ever had in my life. I had to complain to head office just to get someone to call me back from their service department RE a warranty claim.
Audi on the other hand were amazing. At least at the dealership I used anyway.
Yeah i did mean every marque. Main dealerships are dreadful. I hope i never have to go back

First Timer Dan

Jul 28, 2021
I rang cupra/seat Coventry, the bloke was really nice they are awaiting all the infrastructure and training to complete the recalls as there is alot of them.

The whole EV battery has to be lowered from the vehicle to gain access to the area they need to work on. Obviously this area is a HV system so needs to be handled carefully etc.

He said they will be in touch when cupra themselves have supplied them with the kit and tools and training to complete the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
This thread too: RECALL - BATTERIES

I don't recognise any of the fuss about not being able to figure out who is supposed to do the fix. As long as it's under warranty any Cupra/SEAT licensed workshop should be capable? That's how it works here anyway.

I'm just waiting on confirmation that they have the new specialty tools they need for the fix.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.