Got one!

TeamBosie

Jul 24, 2013
Toddington, Beds
We picked our 16 plate Seat Leon 1.4TSI FR 5door last Saturday. Amazing car, goes really well, comfortable and turns heads. We've gone for Lima Green with 18s and its a cracking car. Wife is very pleased with our new family motor, as am I. Will probably be asking lots of questions as we get to know the car. First job this weekend is get the dash cam hard wired in, i've seen Terry's how-to and looks a doddle.

One question I do have, is there foot well ambient lighting? The old Ibiza had red glow in the foot well, this one has cool red lighting across the door cards but is there a way to turn on/off foot well ambient lighting? We have standard courtesy lights in the foot well - something the Ibiza lacked.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Welcome to Team Leon!

To answer your question, you can adjust the footwell lighting in the 'CAR' settings. Somewhere in there will be a sub-menu titled 'Lighting' I think or 'Lights'

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
We picked our 16 plate Seat Leon 1.4TSI FR 5door last Saturday. Amazing car, goes really well, comfortable and turns heads. We've gone for Lima Green with 18s and its a cracking car. Wife is very pleased with our new family motor, as am I. Will probably be asking lots of questions as we get to know the car. First job this weekend is get the dash cam hard wired in, i've seen Terry's how-to and looks a doddle.

One question I do have, is there foot well ambient lighting? The old Ibiza had red glow in the foot well, this one has cool red lighting across the door cards but is there a way to turn on/off foot well ambient lighting? We have standard courtesy lights in the foot well - something the Ibiza lacked.
Yes as above. Press the car option and then setup and it's under lighting.. I've just replaced my footwell lighting with red LED's.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
I never went to the hassle of swapping to LEDs, having a lazy day i thought what was the easiest solution to change the colour

Answer? Well quality Street wrappers are very useful!
It just means you have to eat the sweets, oh what a shame!
And you can change the colour depending on your mood ;)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I never went to the hassle of swapping to LEDs, having a lazy day i thought what was the easiest solution to change the colour

Answer? Well quality Street wrappers are very useful!
It just means you have to eat the sweets, oh what a shame!
And you can change the colour depending on your mood ;)

This genuinely made me laugh :lol:

Based on your expertise, will Roses wrappers do? ;)

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
I was never lucky enough to get roses at Christmas, just endless tubs of quality Street (there must have been an offer) so I'm yet to test them :(

I wanted to see what the blue would look like but I don't like coconut :(

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
Apologies for the poor photos as it was taken when it was still light out but

Without light covered;

819a02647699d6124a54b54734da4bc2.jpg

With light covered;

8fdfcab1aa06aaca54852a68dd9fd123.jpg

It matches the sport door colours and button colours pretty much perfectly so if you ever get bored of the cream standard light, it's actually not a bad idea to try and it isn't harsh on your eyes, it's a subtle light once it's covered which I find good for night driving

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Yes as above. Press the car option and then setup and it's under lighting.. I've just replaced my footwell lighting with red LED's.

Did you already have the led light package? As I don't but just want to replace with red leds!!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Did you already have the led light package? As I don't but just want to replace with red leds!!

Thanks

No I don't. Just replaced all interior bulbs with LED'S. but thought red would look nice in the footwells.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
No I don't. Just replaced all interior bulbs with LED'S. but thought red would look nice in the footwells.

Cool that's what I want, can I ask where you got yours?? Seen some on the bay, as a whole set to upgrade all the lights to led, which include the red footwells

They look really nice as I upgraded the ones in my Fiesta before!!

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Cool that's what I want, can I ask where you got yours?? Seen some on the bay, as a whole set to upgrade all the lights to led, which include the red footwells

They look really nice as I upgraded the ones in my Fiesta before!!

I just bought them all from eBay but separate as works out cheaper than a pack... I had them all in my mk2 and transfered them over.
Suggest you have a look at all the bulbs and then see what you need.. some of them need to be flat style led bulbs to fit in the holders. Will take some photos of mine.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
4001980d36fcbab1dfd0d883b6d2ed0f.jpg

435e9234073ebf643c588179d37f7182.jpg

8ee56b6071f2ede2b43dc1627b3e96f4.jpg

Definitely a lot brighter in there and looks nicer.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Oh yeah, I know they are different types, the one I saw is of different bulbs for the right fitments, I have done the interior 'dome' lights but old bulbs so they don't really match front are bluey, whilst rears are more white, just trying to get the same look as the led light package but with the red footwells.

Thanks!!!

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Oh yeah, I know they are different types, the one I saw is of different bulbs for the right fitments, I have done the interior 'dome' lights but old bulbs so they don't really match front are bluey, whilst rears are more white, just trying to get the same look as the led light package but with the red footwells.

Thanks!!!

Just uploaded some above ^^

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Cheers looks really nice, how bright do you have youread footwells?? Thanks for the pics!!

They're set to full.. but for some reason the car decides to change it back to half all the time.. as well as the door cards which I can't understand why.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
They're set to full.. but for some reason the car decides to change it back to half all the time.. as well as the door cards which I can't understand why.

Oh really, I think I have mine around 50%

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Oh really, I think I have mine around 50%

Yes it does have me baffled.. only had the car 5 days so still getting used to it.. but every time I change them brighter I can guarantee they change back.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Yes it does have me baffled.. only had the car 5 days so still getting used to it.. but every time I change them brighter I can guarantee they change back.

Dont think mine does it i will change my brightness and keep an eye out, when does it change back, when you leave ??
What specs is yours??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.