green cotton panel filters

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
cos ive got a green filter and took it out hooved it but it looks abit grubby but i ant paying a tenner on cleaning stuff

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I bought the cleaner and oil kit from waxacar. The cleaner is pants and a rip-off to be polite and I also reverted to using fairy or other generic washing up liquid to degrease it.

lee25

Jul 12, 2009
north yorkshire
What would be better, the green panel filter or an open cone induction setup.??
Ive got a green panel filter on my cupra, but thinking of changing it for a cone filter but not sure whether i should stick with the panel or not. Ive had a stage 1 remap and a Bailey DV also. :confused:

oldskool

was there not some issue about oiled filters messing the MAF up? I suppose if you ligthly oil it, then it should be ok.

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
^^ yup, there is.

Out of the box the green cotton panel filter is quite low on oil as it were. When you service it yourself then you have to just be careful and lightly oil it on, afaik, one side only (the underside). Also make sure any excess is soaked up with a kitchen towel for example, and then dried well.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
dont bother just use the paper 1 cheaper you can get 10 filters for the price of a green and they both do the same job

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise