Weird engine noise help

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone I hope your well.

I have noticed that my engine, for some time now, especially in third gear when you are starting to accelerate and lift of the gas the engine producers like a boy racer boost sound almost like a blow off valve. It is mainly in third gear. I have a ram Air panel filter and bluespark tuning box. I can't remember if this happened before I did these mods or not but is it something to worry about at all ? Thanks so much

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019

I have noticed that my engine, for some time now, especially in third gear when you are starting to accelerate and lift of the gas the engine producers like a boy racer boost sound almost like a blow off valve. It is mainly in third gear. I have a ram Air panel filter and bluespark tuning box. I can't remember if this happened before I did these mods or not but is it something to worry about at all ? Thanks so much
Probably best to take of the bluespark tuning box, they are cheap generic crap tuning boxes like the rest unless you go jb4. Once removed test the car again, i wouldnt worry about a bit of wastegate noise, generally there is more boost in 3rd gear than 1st or second. As you lift of the throttle the waste gate opens and can make a bit of noise, this will be made louder by the ram airfilter. Aslong as you have no fault codes your good to go.

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh

Answered your own question? VW engineer these these things...

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members