group n exhaust .....

cupracraig

just wondering has anyone ever fitted a group n exhaust on a cupra ?

rally style .....

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
not on the cupra, but used to have a grp n exhaust on my 106 gti, sounded the absolute nuts :D proper raspy. kicked flames out on gear changes

cupracraig

im not that bothered lol
i already wake the neighbours up with the blue flame .....

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
im sure coppers to decibel checks now on the side of the road. if its too loud they give you a ticket which gives you a week to get it changed and signed off at a garage.

Its either in force as we speak or it will be shortly?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Yeah it wouldn't have been the exhaust giving flames, it would be the unburnt fuel igniting off the heat, so wouldn't have thought it should flame unless being driven seriously hard!

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Yeah it wouldn't have been the exhaust giving flames, it would be the unburnt fuel igniting off the heat, so wouldn't have thought it should flame unless being driven seriously hard!

Even driven hard i doubt it would flame unless there was something wrong with it.

Any uber hot exhaust could start a flame, but the unburnt fuel has to be there in the 1st place.

Jun 28, 2001
yes it would, driving it hard. the system is less restricted take off an exhaust from the down pipe and then run it youll be amazed how much flames are produced.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
yes it would, driving it hard. the system is less restricted take off an exhaust from the down pipe and then run it youll be amazed how much flames are produced.

Thats surprising on standard mapping. I've seen plenty of cars with just a piece of pipe for an exhaust system with no flames. I didn't think 106's (being multipoint injected) would dump any fuel on overrun. I could quite believe it on a carbed car.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I had a 2001 106 GTi and I fitted the stainless group N exhaust with dummy cat (made by Scorpion for Peugeot) and a ecosse air filter. Apart from those bits the car was standard, it used to pop small flames out the back on the over run. It was very loud though, sold it in the end and put the original exhaust back on, which killed the mid range in comparison.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
I had a 2001 106 GTi and I fitted the stainless group N exhaust with dummy cat (made by Scorpion for Peugeot) and a ecosse air filter. Apart from those bits the car was standard, it used to pop small flames out the back on the over run. It was very loud though, sold it in the end and put the original exhaust back on, which killed the mid range in comparison.

Fair enough, if it did... it did :) I stand corrected.

Jun 28, 2001
yer not on the world stage but in belgium and france no works teams all private cars
and the leon on rallies

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members