Gutted.

Cupra_Del

I am raging right now,

Was on the way to my Seat garage (W. Livingstone - Uddingstone) as i had the same problem as some other people with having issues with the emission/EPC light,

So went to get my software update and everything was all gd until this morning,

I didnt realise as i was following my Dad because he knew where the garage was tht i accidently went through a red light... he went through the light at green and as i was following him went through amber/red, So got a notice of intended prosectuion through the post this morning as a camera clocked me,

Thanks Seat... shouldnt have been going to the garage in the first place if they hadnt screwed up some of there cars [:@]

So looks like a £60 fine and 3 points which is worring conisdering i have been driving for just over a year and im 20.... not looking forward to insurance renewal with this on my license :(

Byers080

Sep 18, 2010
I've got 5 points from one offence, was like £180 fine as well, been driving just over a year, insurance renewal wasnt that bad.

mate that sucks big time... i had a similar experience (lucky for me nothing ever came through the post) it happened bang on 10 days before i got my cupra so i was bricking it, could see it happening wake up in the morning see my beauty being delivered onto the driveway and the postman handing me a speeding ticket. Your going to have to be extra careful now mate, could you imagine seeing your cupra on the drive knowing you cant drive it!!

Cupra_Del

Thanks for the sympathy mate ;)

Yeah it bother me even more knwoing tht i hadnt needed tht ecu update i wouldnt have been to the garage in the first place therefore no fine,

Was going to do a dew mods aswell ( Forge Induction kit, blow off valve and Revo) but dont knw if i should because with these mods might not get insured with a drving offence at such a young age :(

See u have yours Revo'd mate... is it worth it? :D

well if im honest the insurance company will insure most people with points and varying degrees of mods... its probably a dead cert u will pay a bit more premium wise but there aint much you can do about it really... just shop around.

Yeah i got revo, and all i can say is wow! I love it.. it puts a massive smile on your face everytime i drive it, more than enough power for the moment ;) really good mpg and a car that can put more expensive cars to shame at the lights if you catch my drift [B)]. im looking at doing a few more mods, but im not sure what and when really.

Dec 3, 2009
Tbh u can't really blame SEAT dealer because u got caught jumping a red light or speeding through traffic lights, should really pay more attention. Suck it up! I got caught speeding and got sent ASBO 2 years ago and I had to drive extra careful or they would take my car away. These new traffic cameras can measure speed and jumping red light at the same time.

Lesson learned eh! :)

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Tbh u can't really blame SEAT dealer because u got caught jumping a red light or speeding through traffic lights, should really pay more attention. Suck it up! I got caught speeding and got sent ASBO 2 years ago and I had to drive extra careful or they would take my car away. These new traffic cameras can measure speed and jumping red light at the same time.

Lesson learned eh! :)

Well said that man ;)

ackers1987

Dec 24, 2008
Halifax West Yorkshire
Insurance will not go up mate by much as insurance accept 3 points these days as most ppl have them also I have 6 points for speeding and my insurance at 699 on brand new with xenons and pan roof not bad also elephant said if no points been 120 cheaper so not bad £20 a point

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members