Gutted

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Not done 1k miles yet in my Cupra Ateca and having to have new windscreen fitted . Stone chip like a small asterisk now 6 inch crack :-(
Was worried about fitting time and supply issues but call to Seat Ensure put me straight through to National Windscreens. Seemed to be on the case as could advise no need for calibration as mine just has rain sensor. Hopefully a quick fix.

Enjoying the car so far and looking forward to putting some miles in now that we can travel outside local area.

Reactions: Tell

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Try for one tomorrow
Can just about see the crack has now spread to top of image. Surprised how it has spread with the temperature changes as not driven the car thinking vibration would make it worse !!

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_134131.jpg
    IMG_20210417_134131.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 125
  • Sad
Reactions: jcbmally

Tell

Staff member
Used to be cursed by them in my old ZX. Must have picked up about three cracks in it's 10 year life - reckon it had soft glass, wasn't following close behind anything. Altea no issues in it 10 year old life. Got one small stone chip in the Ateca, wired heated type, but it hasn't developed into anything in two years. Wasn't driving when the stone hit... disturbed my reading 😂.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Can just about see the crack has now spread to top of image. Surprised how it has spread with the temperature changes as not driven the car thinking vibration would make it worse !!
Hopefully wont knock the shine off mate, glass is easily replaced.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Deleted member 129529

Ironically I'm in the same position as you, had a stone flick up and hit the windscreen on Easter Friday bottom centre - just a chip and by the Saturday it has developed into a 30cm crack.
Spoke to Insurance who have advised me that Auto Windscreen have said the screen is on back order with the dealers and no available date at the moment.

tempted to talk to Seat Ensure and see if they can get a screen sorted for me

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Ironically I'm in the same position as you, had a stone flick up and hit the windscreen on Easter Friday bottom centre - just a chip and by the Saturday it has developed into a 30cm crack.
Spoke to Insurance who have advised me that Auto Windscreen have said the screen is on back order with the dealers and no available date at the moment.

tempted to talk to Seat Ensure and see if they can get a screen sorted for me
I called Seat Ensure and the push button choice takes you to National Windscreens. Hope you manage to sort replacement.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.