H.i.d ??

BigBadDamo

BigBadDamo
Aug 14, 2007
Glasgow
Hi ..

Looking for some info, i'm looking to buy and install HID lights to my leon. Altho i work for ford and have seen a few fiestas and mondeos etc that come in with HIDz and they dont have a beam pattern hence wont pass an M.O.T ..

Just wondering if anyone knows if i fit them into the leon will i still get a beam pattern because i really cant be bothered messing around with M.O.T standards etc

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Hi ..

Looking for some info, i'm looking to buy and install HID lights to my leon. Altho i work for ford and have seen a few fiestas and mondeos etc that come in with HIDz and they dont have a beam pattern hence wont pass an M.O.T ..

Just wondering if anyone knows if i fit them into the leon will i still get a beam pattern because i really cant be bothered messing around with M.O.T standards etc

They have no beam pattern? replacing the bulbs with HID's shouldnt lose the pattern. I would suggest that they have either fitted the bulbs incorrectly or their headlights are buggared.

Ill post a link to another thread on here where i put a pic of the beam pattern in my leon with the HID's fitted.

EDIT:
my pic is in post 38 on this page http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208498&page=2

Last edited:

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I think the beam pattern issue is to do with them having the lenses doing all the work where the Leon has the reflectors to 'shape' the light. If you know what I mean.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.