H&R cup kit

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
It's not that bad, no where near as bad as some are making out coilovers are worse. This coming from someone who's had H&R fitted to two of his Ibiza's and have fitted FK and KW coilovers to other cars. Not to mention been a regular passenger in a car with Bilstien PSS's, SPAX and various other coilovers.

Maybe i've just been lucky, or is it because I'm getting a different kit to the rest of you?? (Yes there are two kit options).

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
ive got the "sport" cup kit, they also make a "comfort" cup kit, wish i'd gone for the latter now

dont agree with you there sorry craig, myself and philw had back to back drives of each others cars, his on fk highsports and mine on H+R, his is hard but the damping rebound is alot more controlled giving the feel of a smoother ride

Jonzy

Ive drive both Daves and Phil's cars... Phil's car is far nicer. Ive got the same setup as Dave, and its harsh.

Looking for alternatives now, looking at konis now.

CupraPower

Jan 29, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Visit site
Ive had H&R on my car for a while now. It depends on what tyres/wheels you have as well. Its was a little harsh on 17's though much nicer now im on 16's.

It'll "look" a good drop if thats anything to go by. Anythings better than the standard suspension though.

Dont forget to get the camber adjusted once you've fitted it.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Hmm, i've got the full on Cup Kit and don't think its that bad, yes its harsh but my friends Mk3 Cabby Golf with Supersport coilovers is a lot worse! Also on the same stretch of road I found my H&R to be more comfortable than a friend with FK coilovers.

However it may also depend on the road surface and how its been layed, there is the odd road I find it really bumpy but just live with it. If your after comfort why bother with sports suspension?

jat115

The FK highsport coillies really a harsh ride? Thinking of getting some beacuse of the aparent 'good' ride/ handling combo.
I guess like it has been mentioned, wheels/tyres do have quite a big impact on the ride quality too.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
comfort and sports suspension can be combined you know! Ever had a Bilstein fixed rate kit? excellent drop but the ride was fantastic, alot of money in comparison to other fixed rate kits but sooo comfortable yet controlled

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
Oh well I have decided just to go ahead with it!

I pick up my H&R cup kit tomorrow along with a new set of 17" OZ ultraleggera's!

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
How much did you pay matey if you dont mind me asking?

Did you go for the sport cup kit or the comfort cup kit?

thank you

Tom

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.