H&R Spacers Don't Sit Flush

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So, removing the dust cap did work, however, I couldnt put it back on the spacer. The inner diameter is just too small. I decided to go ahead and machine it to fit but I ended up ruining it :) i got a hairline crack now between the lip and the actual spacer.

It's a bit unfortunate, but well, it is what it is. Anyhow, so I decided to order a new pair, a 12mm now to ensure it clears the hub as you guys mentioned. I see two parts on the H&R website with identical specs. Can't figure out what the extra "SW" stands for. Guys who got a pair of 12mms, which of the two did you get?
8cffe16545a7b64fb9f9cc6aff17bb12.jpg

The SW is for Schwartz/Black otherwise they're the same.

But going back to the 10mm ones...

Looking at this www.cartuningpoint.de/ were I got mine, I had a look at the different options for 10mm:

It seems the 10mm part number B2055573B confirms 'not suitable for rear axle' when looking at them for a 5 door or ST...

1604484807341.png

However, the 10mm part number B2055573A does show as compatible...

1604484960232.png

I've checked the spacers myself against my own car and it shows the same 'A'. Mine are the 'packaged' version (that includes the bolts and locking nuts) so the part number isn't quite the same... B55577-10ASW. The part number on the spacers themselves is B55577-10A but you can clearly see they're black so the SW isn;t needed lol. Looking at the B55577-10B, they are also only listed for the front axle again.

This is further backed up when using the H&R site as well. Where the SW relates to the colour, the A/B relates to the hub design...

1604485337231.png

Your photo shows that you've bought B...

1604485551832.png

If you hadn't already tried to machine them I'd of suggested sending them back as being sent the wrong part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar Makki

Omar Makki

May 9, 2020
The SW is for Schwartz/Black otherwise they're the same.

But going back to the 10mm ones...

Looking at this www.cartuningpoint.de/ were I got mine, I had a look at the different options for 10mm:

It seems the 10mm part number B2055573B confirms 'not suitable for rear axle' when looking at them for a 5 door or ST...

View attachment 19603

However, the 10mm part number B2055573A does show as compatible...

View attachment 19604

I've checked the spacers myself against my own car and it shows the same 'A'. Mine are the 'packaged' version (that includes the bolts and locking nuts) so the part number isn't quite the same... B55577-10ASW. The part number on the spacers themselves is B55577-10A but you can clearly see they're black so the SW isn;t needed lol. Looking at the B55577-10B, they are also only listed for the front axle again.

This is further backed up when using the H&R site as well. Where the SW relates to the colour, the A/B relates to the hub design...

View attachment 19606

Your photo shows that you've bought B...

View attachment 19607

If you hadn't already tried to machine them I'd of suggested sending them back as being sent the wrong part.
Damo, I take my hat off to you :D. Love the analysis! Everything makes sense now. Wish I had known beforehand there were different parts for the rears and the fronts. H&R should have that sort of info on their website. Anyhow, this was my first time ever buying spacers, so it was bound to go wrong. As I also mentioned, shipping them from Egypt back to the UK and back again would have cost me the equivalent of a new pair, so taking the risk machining it was a no brainer.

So, now I've decided to order a new pair of 12mms. I noticed the front poked a few mm more than the rear, so those 2 mm will help align them together. Now that I messed it up the first time I'm a bit paranoid, so is this the correct part? It has the correct part number 2455571, but I'm a bit confused as some sellers mentioned wheel adapter bolts and others didnt. I can also order it pretty much from anywhere in Europe, so any cheaper alternative would be welcome :D

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Damo, I take my hat off to you :D. Love the analysis! Everything makes sense now. Wish I had known beforehand there were different parts for the rears and the fronts. H&R should have that sort of info on their website. Anyhow, this was my first time ever buying spacers, so it was bound to go wrong. As I also mentioned, shipping them from Egypt back to the UK and back again would have cost me the equivalent of a new pair, so taking the risk machining it was a no brainer.

So, now I've decided to order a new pair of 12mms. I noticed the front poked a few mm more than the rear, so those 2 mm will help align them together. Now that I messed it up the first time I'm a bit paranoid, so is this the correct part? It has the correct part number 2455571, but I'm a bit confused as some sellers mentioned wheel adapter bolts and others didnt. I can also order it pretty much from anywhere in Europe, so any cheaper alternative would be welcome :D

They look right to me. Extremely big spacers (larger than 15mm) need bolts to hold them onto the hub, and then you mount your wheels into the spacer not the hub. But 12mm is fine with extended bolts.

Reactions: Omar Makki

Omar Makki

May 9, 2020
They look right to me. Extremely big spacers (larger than 15mm) need bolts to hold them onto the hub, and then you mount your wheels into the spacer not the hub. But 12mm is fine with extended bolts.
Cheers!

Omar Makki

May 9, 2020
So, 12mm spacers on the rears, with 8j wheels and 225/40 tyres would give an effective offset of ET33. Would that cause any rubbing? Keeping in mind it's lowered on Prokits with an effective offset of ET37 for the fronts without any issues.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.