Handbrake/Brake fluid Warning Light

crossedmike

mu light comes on randomly the handbreak one i assumed it was loose but after checking my rear disks they needed chnaging bad 1 pair since new haha and they where still legal haha

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Any joy Dave?

Haven't actually looked too much into it, ended up cleaning, polishing and waxing the car then went about tighten'in my wheel bearing that was advised on the MOT and to be honest thank god for the split pin! The nut was completely loose, think I will be checking them more often before track use.

Hoping this could have had a knock on effect to the sensors, causing the spogit to move away from the sensor or something.

I'm going to rule out the brake pads as I changed them last year and since the car as done 1000miles to the 'Ring and back and about 600miles on top of that since!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
an update on this!

During the MOT had an advisory on the passenger side rear wheel bearing a bit loose. While going about tightening the nut to the bearing I noticed that the nut was completely off and resting on just the split pin.... probably due to the silly heat cycles from the track abuse at combe and would explain the car stepping out a lot at the end of my last session lol.

Anyway tighten the bearing up took it for a good spin one night and the warning light went off then back on and so on..... started it up Saturday to give her a wash and magic! The light stayed off so the car repaired itself, got to love the mk2! :D

All I can guess is the bearing came loose and the spoigt on the back came away from the abs sensor??? Anyway it's all fine now and I'm happy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.