Handbrake light

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Right so i drive a 8v gti cupra n today the handbrake light decided to come on n stay on, i checked all the usual fluids the only one thats on min is the coolant.. This wouldnt triger this thou would it?! The light resets n stays off for a few seconds once the engines been turned off and back on again, any ideas? Sensors? Thanks fot any information!

Chris

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Just to add if i stay still once the engines been turned off n on again the light doesnt come on, with the handbrake off, once i start drivin it comes on

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Ok mate thanks for the info, ill have a go at that when i get a spare minute

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Ok i played with the sensor with no joy, the light was on played with the switch etc n it didnt go out, any more ideas?! Thanks again,
Chris

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
ok a little update with this one, since i last posted the light did go away but now is back again and has been back for nearly a month. When the car hasnt moved, the handbrake works and the switch on the brake fluid works too, i found this out by taking the rubber cap off and touching the metal contact onto the strips of metal and then off etc. The light functioned by doing this also, as soon as the car moves (even just rolling down a hill with ignition on) the light comes back again, ive tried getting rid of the light by playing with the two switches whilst the lights been on with no joy, could it be low or high pressure in the braking system causing this? or any other known causes?! im stuck on this one!

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members