Hands free interferance

JohnL

I've got a Pioneer DEH-70BT headunit with blue-tooth hands free.

Whenever I make or receive calls the person on the other end gets loads of interferance. Most of the time they can still hear me, but sometimes it gets really bad.

I've got the microphone located at the top of the drivers side A pillar, with the cable running down through the dash, across above the pedals and up into the back of the headunit.

There are no other cables in the A pillar, but the cable has to go past the fuse box, so I guess the interferance starts there. I've tried routing it up the passenger side A pillar, but that had the same effect.

Does anyone know if there is any way I could route the cable differently to reduce the interferance, or are there any cable protector products, or microphones cables that aren't affected by interferance as much?

JohnL

Anyone? Someone must have installed their own car kit. How did you route the mic cable?

JohnL

I usually have the phone in the tray just under the ashtray. I'll try sticking the phone in the boot or something though and see if that makes a difference.

Any other ideas people?

xJib

When I had my Sony Ericsson Bluetooth hands free in our old Leon we didn’t get any interference, and the mic cable went past the fuse box.

Are you sure its electronic interference and not a poor quality/buggerd mic.

You could try pulling the stereo out and have the cable from the mic just coming out round it and then hold it. Then just have the ignition on. This way it won’t be near any cables, and see what the quality is like.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members