Handsfree Mobile Phone Bluetooth

roblat

Can anyone suggest a good quality handsfree bluetooth kit to have installed in my Leon Cupra R (2003) ? I don't really want to spend a lot but I don't want a crap one either...

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
change your stereo. i got a jvc with built in dvd and bluetooth. fantastic bit of kit. nice big display for looking through phone numbers. most importantly , the sound is crystal clear. i paid £270

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
forgot to say, dont go for a parrot as they are crap. i got 1 in my work van and hasnt worked properly since new.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I've had a parrot CK300 evolution in for about 2 years now and must say it works brilliantly with my Nokia. Install is neat and tidy and voice recognition works well with Nokia voice recognition. It's an effective cheap option IMHO.

It really depends on your handset though i had problems with a previous Samsung mobile so if you do go for it check the parrot website for compatible phones though!

cmc

G223

Dec 6, 2007
i also highly reccomend the parrot systems, had 3 systems fitted to 6 vehicles now and never had any problems besides slow connection sometimes (usually about 30 seconds sometimes about 2 mins) but switched to a pioneer headunit with built in bluetooth and seriously couldnt fault it so far, always connects fast, works well, easy to use. depends what you want to spend and what you want really

I've tried various options over the years.

Had 2 different parrot kits (ck3100 and the 3200 colour) both were 'ok' but sound quality for people on the other end of the line was rubbish!

Then I tried the Alpine bluetooth adaptor thingy to connect with my headunit, and that was just pathetic and unusable (common issue, although they are rumoured to have sorted it for the newer models)

At the moment I have a Bury cc9060 (the touchscreen one). This has been AMAZING compared to the others, would definitely recommend it.

I have no experience with bluetooth headunits, although I've heard the only downfall can be lack of external microphone hindering call quality, but can't comment from personal experience.

Would definitely recommend the Bury, top piece of kit, has voice activation for menus and can read out text messages to you as well!!! :funk:

Andy

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
having worked for vodafone handsfree kit installations side, i am not an engineer but worked with them, i can deffo say that nokia kits were crap, parrot were very good and bury had a tendancy to last 4-6 months and then developing a fault. the best one we found was the parrot kits as they were compatible with majority of handsets. contact mt audio on the ice section on here as he can do the installs and give advice.

jcborden

If you are after something cheap that works very well and has the added bonus of being portable then look at the Parrot Minikit Slim (around £60) great battery life, voice dialling and just clips on the sun visor (I wrote a brief review here). I have a Sony head unit in my LCR with bluetooth handsfree, but the mic is in the headunit rather than having a dedicated separate one so I actually prefer the quality of the Parrot, plus it gives me voice dialling.

roblat

Thanks for all your suggestions... I'll have a butchers at each of them and see what I can sort.:D

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
for the low cost I cant see you going wrong with a parrot. I swapped one from my dads old car to my mums new one and its worked fine with a variety of different phones. This is years old now too.

Personally I've got a bluetooth module on my HU which is pretty good, only thing is I think with the model of HU I have it doesnt give me full interface with dialling out, which is a shame. If i'd realised that at the time I'd have pushed for a better model, although I got such a good deal on the one I have I cant complain.

G223

Dec 6, 2007
clearly not installed properly if its "crap"

parrot are the best and most reliable brand out there

someone correct me if im wrong here, but isnt parrot the bluetooth manufacturer that is fitted to the current pioneer bluetooth head units?

ive a pioneer deh-p8100bt and its brilliant, everyone says its clear to hear from me (external 2 microphones on the steering colum) and the clarity from the speakers during a call is excelent although the 8100 is quite expensive (almost £300) i couldnt reccoment it more. or the simpler parrot kits either

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members