Happy Monday

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Some lovely person has done this to the missus mini cooper. No details left. Bump and run

Screenshot_20220704-184759_Gallery.jpg

I managed to polish most of it out. The paint is cracked though so may be an issue in time to come if it starts to flake off.

You probably wouldn't notice it unless you were really looking.

Still infuruating all the same

IMG-20220704-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20220704-WA0009.jpeg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@BigJase88; it so annoying when something like that happens and the person responsible isn’t honest enough to own up to it. To put a positive spin on it; at least no one was injured and it should be possible to get it SMART repaired if the paint does flake off.

I had something similar happen many years ago when my first brand new car which was only a few months old at the time was hit by a fellow employee on my works car park. They left their car’s paint colour on my car where they hit it, and their bumper insert was lying on the ground beside my car, but they still had the audacity to deny they were responsible when I confronted them the following day. 😡

It was at a time (very early 1980’s) before the time of CCTV cameras or dash cams, and there weren’t any witnesses. I was a young driver so ended up paying for repairs out of my own pocket, rather than claiming off my insurance and seeing my premium skyrocket! Really annoying and upsetting at the time, but to this day I’m now always very careful where I park in relation to other cars.

Reactions: BigJase88

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Well that sucks:mad: TBH, I think a lot of the time, the people who do this sort of thing don't even realise they've done it.
I hate car parks.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Well that sucks:mad: TBH, I think a lot of the time, the people who do this sort of thing don't even realise they've done it.
I hate car parks.
I think its been a bigger car. It was a plastic transfer from an unpainted bumper / wheel arch. I would guess a 4x4 of somesorts.

The tap has been light more like brushed it so you are probably right.

Still a PITA though

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Feel for you, I had a Meto VDP (posh GTI) back in the 80's, took it to Asda only 30 mins after collecting it for the shopping. Came out and found a ding in the side back panel from a trolley, no paint off so must have been the plastic covered corner which did it, but annoyed me every time I looked at the car after that. Again no note left, I now park in carparks in the furthest away corner I can find.