Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Exciting times my dealer has just confirmed that my Cupra Formentor has been allocated build week 8 which isn’t bad considering there was a global issue that prevented my specification being ordered with the factory for over 2 weeks when I originally ordered the car on 29 December.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

Wally

Jan 9, 2021
I am getting a VZ Edition. It is already in the country and ready for delivery/collection on 22 January. Only thing is I am working on the day ?.
Ps: had a 3 hour drive of the VZ2, covered more than a 100 miles (I had to make it count ?) and it was looking good, alright not as powerful as my outgoing Cupra Ateca with 360BHP - but that is to be expected. Cannot wait!!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Exciting times my dealer has just confirmed that my Cupra Formentor has been allocated build week 8 which isn’t bad considering there was a global issue that prevented my specification being ordered with the factory for over 2 weeks when I originally ordered the car on 29 December.

I've ordered the car before you, but apparently my car is currently projected at week 20. Maybe it depends on the country, I am not in the UK.

Hoping the dealer can speed things up.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Wow, that's a long wait. Which model/engine? I read today, that some people are quoted 22 weeks lead time.

VZ 310 HP. I did order the other bronze wheel option (not the Brembo one), that one was listed as starting production on week 10 in a brochure dealer sent me. Maybe that is the most of the cause, or my dealer made a mistake. I first ordered the car in mid December, but haven't gone to discuss all the details of the financing until today. Today he said it's projected week 20.

Other options on the car are color, sunroof and electric boot.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
I've ordered the car before you, but apparently my car is currently projected at week 20. Maybe it depends on the country, I am not in the UK.

Hoping the dealer can speed things up.
That is a long wait. Where are you located?

May be it is to do with the options you’ve gone for?

When I ordered my Ateca a few years ago I found that the build week reduced over time and in reality it was built much earlier than initially quoted. My dealer doesn’t think mine will change with my build week only about 4 weeks away.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
That is a long wait. Where are you located?

May be it is to do with the options you’ve gone for?

When I ordered my Ateca a few years ago I found that the build week reduced over time and in reality it was built much earlier than initially quoted. My dealer doesn’t think mine will change with my build week only about 4 weeks away.

Options don't sound too crazy. Metallic color, sunroof, electric booth, copper rims. Yeah my dealer told me the same. He is expecting it will move up (closer to present).

I'm still curious which build week does someone who orders today gets.

Wally

Jan 9, 2021
I ordered the VZ Edition but don’t have to wait. Was meant to be ready tomorrow, but due to just moving house, finance took longer. Now earliest to get will be 27 January, but I have to drive 69miles to Norwich to collect but I am working and can only pick up around 04/02.
I think all the VZ Editions are in the country as only 100.
Looking forward, but I get a feeling I will still miss my Cupra Ateca.

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
Another long wait here. Projected week 19. It jumped from 16 to 19. VZ edition in graphene gray and petrol blue leather interior. Also added virtual boot pedal and winter package. They told me that leather seats are long wait like panorama roof also. Some things you can’t even order like 360 camera.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Another long wait here. Projected week 19. It jumped from 16 to 19. VZ edition in graphene gray and petrol blue leather interior. Also added virtual boot pedal and winter package. They told me that leather seats are long wait like panorama roof also. Some things you can’t even order like 360 camera.
When did you order?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Got the update from salesman today, that my car was built on 22nd of January (build week 4) and it's waiting to be shipped to UK from Barcelona port . I should add, that updates come from salesman, without me asking, so pretty good service so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Got the update from salesman today, that my car was built on 22nd of January (build week 4) and it's waiting to be shipped to UK from Barcelona port . I should add, that updates come from salesman, without me asking, so pretty good service so far.
Pretty cool! :)

Don't forget about us, give us an update once you get the car.

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
I’ve just had an update from my dealer and my Formentor build week has moved forward from week 8 to week 7!
Lucky b*stards... :coolthumb the guy at my stealer is helpless and hopeless... he doesn't give a word about anything... needed to ask it if my deposit was received okay and needed to insist three times by phone (he's tight and stingy as ... ).

Looks like when Cupra will call me asking about my buying experience someone will get heavily battered. Not so nice when you spend almost 44000 Eur on a car to get treated like this.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.