Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Without Covid too ;-) Usually you sign it, scan it and send back. Some dealers want to see driving licence and ask to send it and then send it back.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Without Covid too ;-) Usually you sign it, scan it and send back. Some dealers want to see driving licence and ask to send it and then send it back.

Yeah already done driving license and all the ordering forms etc obviously. Hopefully it won't be too long then!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just seen my first formentor actually on the road looked to be VZ3. Same metallic magnetic tech grey paint as mine, just different rims obviously. It looked sexy and quite dominating on the road as It went past. Can't wait to pick mine up hopefully sometime next week!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I got to sit in my VZ2 today when i sorted the paperwork out.

Ive got the Carbon Effect floor mats and first aid kit in the car and the Carbon Man Bracelet and Carbon key cover was there waiting fir when i collect the car on Monday.

Just a few days to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When do you take delivery? I need to sign my paperwork not going to the dealer to do it though, hopefully will be sent over on Monday.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
When do you take delivery? I need to sign my paperwork not going to the dealer to do it though, hopefully will be sent over on Monday.

Picking it up at 11:00am Monday 01st March.

Socially distanced signing in my old car and handed paperwork back. All sorted in 10-15 minutes plus i got a closer look at my new car.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Here she is ready for collection in the morning.

4841694f1647d2c0df7286407c15019c.jpg

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Very nice mate, bet you won't sleep much tonight. I will be going through the same sometime next week! Same VZ2 but tech grey

I only went for black as it was the only one available with black leather. All other colours had the blue leather which i didnt want.

Will be a little different to my Leon Cupra 300 which had the colour i would have chosen if available, Desire Red
559068dd029080c3da2b0ad201a9250c.jpg

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I only went for black as it was the only one available with black leather. All other colours had the blue leather which i didnt want.

Will be a little different to my Leon Cupra 300 which had the colour i would have chosen if available, Desire Red
559068dd029080c3da2b0ad201a9250c.jpg

How come you didn't opt for the red you can get on the formentor? Did you just want one off the forecourt instead? I was offered a black one off the forecourt but I didn't want black. And I resent paying any money for a metallic paint to be honest and will always try and get it included ( not failed yet) ha. I've also opted for black leather as I wasn't brave enough to go for the blue. Opted for the metallic magnetic grey as that's my personal favourite out of the lot.

Reactions: jcbmally

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
How come you didn't opt for the red you can get on the formentor? Did you just want one off the forecourt instead? I was offered a black one off the forecourt but I didn't want black. And I resent paying any money for a metallic paint to be honest and will always try and get it included ( not failed yet) ha. I've also opted for black leather as I wasn't brave enough to go for the blue. Opted for the metallic magnetic grey as that's my personal favourite out of the lot.

Black one was on the boat on the way over. Didnt really want the long wait for a Desire Red one as it would have been a factory order.

Happy with the Black, just need to look at getting it Ceramic Coated to make it easier to look after.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Black one was on the boat on the way over. Didnt really want the long wait for a Desire Red one as it would have been a factory order.

Happy with the Black, just need to look at getting it Ceramic Coated to make it easier to look after.

Ah sounds similar to me, in my last stage of negotiating the dealer said they have a black VZ2 in stock with black leather and that i could have that one but I said I wanted to hold out for the grey. Who knows maybe that's the car that you have taken? Ha. When I confirmed the order they got in touch with me couple days after saying they had allocated a car in my spec in the Spanish port so assigned that one to me so I've skipped the whole build from scratch process too. When did you order the car? Dealer told me on Friday that they were expecting the car in on that day or on the Monday ( tomorrow)

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Ah sounds similar to me, in my last stage of negotiating the dealer said they have a black VZ2 in stock with black leather and that i could have that one but I said I wanted to hold out for the grey. Who knows maybe that's the car that you have taken? Ha. When I confirmed the order they got in touch with me couple days after saying they had allocated a car in my spec in the Spanish port so assigned that one to me so I've skipped the whole build from scratch process too. When did you order the car? Dealer told me on Friday that they were expecting the car in on that day or on the Monday ( tomorrow)

Arranged with dealer at beginning if Feb. Could have took delivery a week or so ago but we both decided to leave it till March.

Mag Tech Grey looks good, im sure it will be here soon and you’ll love it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Arranged with dealer at beginning if Feb. Could have took delivery a week or so ago but we both decided to leave it till March.

Mag Tech Grey looks good, im sure it will be here soon and you’ll love it.

Sounds like a similar time frame to me. Ordered mine right at end of January. You got any plans for first thing your going to do when picking it up?

Just out of curiosity too couple of questions for anyone to answer..

Can you hear the pops and bangs from inside the car on sport/ cupra mode or do you have to turn the piped in cabin noise down to hear it?

Can you also hear any turbo whistle?

And when you start the car does it pick up where it left off in the driving mode you were last in?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Sounds like a similar time frame to me. Ordered mine right at end of January. You got any plans for first thing your going to do when picking it up?

Can you hear the pops and bangs from inside the car on sport/ cupra mode or do you have to turn the piped in cabin noise down to hear it?

And when you start the car does it pick up where it left off in the driving mode you were last in?

Fill it up.
Set up Infotainment System.
Turn Soundaktor off.
Drive it.

I dont like the fake sound so ill be looking to code my Soundaktor off.

Pretty sure all Cuprs’s default to Comfort on restart. Its a safety thing so car isnt over revving with a cold engine.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Fill it up.
Set up Infotainment System.
Turn Soundaktor off.
Drive it.

I dont like the fake sound so ill be looking to code my Soundaktor off.

Pretty sure all Cuprs’s default to Comfort on restart. Its a safety thing so car isnt over revving with a cold engine.

Sounds like a plan, fair enough, think I will give the sound a go but can imagine it to be a bit annoying after a while. Course you also have the comments any passengers that know anything about cars will give you as they will most probably know the difference straight away from the interior noise to the exterior. Still at least there is the option there to decide. Ah okay fair enough that makes sense. I'm going from a 1.2tsi Leon so I'm looking forward to the step up in power and all round performance.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021

If you have a look at the reviews on YouTube there are quite a few taken from inside the car and you can hear the pops from the exhaust and also the turbo whistle under hard acceleration.

For example this is quite helpful

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
If you have a look at the reviews on YouTube there are quite a few taken from inside the car and you can hear the pops from the exhaust and also the turbo whistle under hard acceleration.

For example this is quite helpful

Cheers napmasterflash. I've been scouring YouTube for the past few months and don't think there is a video I haven't seen in any language haha. Just wanted to know first hand off you wonderful owners on here!

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
@jcbmally was kind enough to give me a sound check on his VZ Edition at work the other day and it sounds goooooooddddd.

Im just hoping for a bit of sound like in my Cupra 300 DSG. I enjoy the DSG farts on upshift and pops and bangs on deceleration. If the Formentor delivers that I will be very happy.

@Ricknffc You WILL notice a big difference in power between the 1.2 and 2.0 engines. Prepare to be thrown back into your soft nappa leather bucket seats when you hit the noisy pedal hard. The first time that happened with my wife in my Cupra 300 she swore loudly

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise