Has anyone had this happen with remapped fr 170?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey guys iv'e been on before about this, but im really interested to know if anyone has the same characteristic as me. I got the car mapped by angel tuning, the guy i got it mapped off of i know v.well and had done my previous ibiza fr tdi to 180bhp with no issues!!! Absolutly fantastic! ANyway he done my pd 170 and he came highly recommended doing over 100 pd170 in octavia vrs, golf gtdi and leon fr tdi models etc. I got the car done and what can i say fantastic. Drove it hard for about 30 miles from the tuners to my friends house. Pushing it through the gears feeling the difference. After going home frm my m8s 15 mins afterwards. I put my foot down in 3rd changed at 4k and there was a slight hesitiation..... the revs dropped slightly when i put my foot down quickly after changing and then picked back up... I blamed it on traction as it was wet. Waited till going to work the next morning in the dry and it continued to do it 3rd-4th if changing quickly. It also occasionally happened on quick change frm 4th-5th if going hard. He took the map off for me to go to the dealers for a check up. The second the map was off no problem apart frm a serious lack in power compared to map version lol. Took it to stealers they did a diagnostic check no fault codes. My tuner who is also a friend told me he thought it was the ecu controlling the boost so not to damage the engine. He put the map back on which is fantastic but at times if driving hard and changing quickly frm 3rd-4th the car still does it at 3.5-4k revs. I can avoid this by changing gear a bit slower and not putting the foot down completly straight away on change. Please people im wondering if someone can give me any advice, if you agree with it being an ecu problem or if anyone else has had the same problem. it's just a little annoying lol. Has anyone heard of this before? ANy comments would be great cheers

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I had a (vaguely) similar problem after having a custom code remap - got almost home and the car started misfiring.

Went all the way back to Custom Code the following weekend who put the car back to standard and the car was fine.

However after about 500-1000 miles the fault returned and SEAT identified it as one of the DPF sensors which was changed.

I ended up with a Superchips remap in the end, and all's been fine since.

So you could have the same problem, a sensor which is just about hanging-on!

Chris

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Its a mapping issue, but as i dont want to give a free lesson to the tuner who lets his customer go with a faulty mapping, i wont go into detail.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Can you not tell me more if it is a map issue i would be willing to go else where ti get it sorted, if you could give some advice because i am a bit fed up with it lol...

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Can you not tell me more if it is a map issue i would be willing to go else where ti get it sorted, if you could give some advice because i am a bit fed up with it lol...
I have had one of the five sensor go - just after a full service!! so it could be that, my super chips remap has been good and trouble free over the last two years. ......................................... ps see if there is any member local to you with a VAG Com kit and get them to delve and perhap come to a hard fault, if not get your monies back and try another tuner??

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Yep, have it occasionally on mine too.... revo remap,

again, its to do with over boosting or something, was a thread a while ago.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise