• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Aug 20, 2005
529
0
stafford
Has anyone replaced the exhaust yet? I have seen lots of stuff on petrol versions But not many with diesel.
I have seen that some have just replaced the pipes "custom built style" But has anyone gone down the milltek line? Or others, I have seen a twin exit jetex cat back system recently which looked good but it was on a btcc kit.
I have the standard fr style bumper with the one exit.
I have read on milltek`s site that a non resonated exhaust sounds "petrol like" but has anyone any experience of this yet? On a leon?(I have seen/heard mk4 ibiza tdi ones) And if so are there any performance gains in this?:shrug:
 
i have a tiny notice in sound difference on mine and i had the silencers totally removed, im assuming the DPF also acts like a silencer too :(

mine is custom made stainless steel from a powerflow branch in stafford and cost around £150 :)

DSC01237.jpg
 
im interested in this because i have a facelift FR tdi 170 on order and once it arrives at my dealers it is due to have the full sero kit and K1 centre exit backbox fitted.
they've done it to some pd170 fr's and not found any trouble.

if your saying i wont notice any difference then i'll stick with what ive ordered, but if your saying teh cr170 lump would notice the K1 petrol engined backbox then maybe i need to re-think things....