HAS CARISTA MESSED UP MY HEADLAMP WASHER SETTINGS?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
After the recall and reset to factory I re enabled the one touch mirrors.

I also set the number of windscreen washers before headlamp washers from 5 to 15.
I left the delay as it was 500 ms [Microseconds! or was it 5000]

However testing yesterday the first use of the Wipe wash activates the Headlamp washers then not again [did not get to 15 ] Later on second drive it did it again first use wash wipe activated headlamp washers with no lights on]

1} Question is that normal even with headlights off the Headlamp washers activate.
[I thought it was AFTER 5 or 15 not starts then counts down and ONLY if they are ON.

2] What is the delay for and what should it be is it MS [microseconds]

If my system is now coded wrong how do I reset it or just revert to 5.

3] When using Carista with ignition on should I have left lights on AUTO or ON or just OFF

WOW sorry cheers Guys

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
After the recall and reset to factory I re enabled the one touch mirrors.

I also set the number of windscreen washers before headlamp washers from 5 to 15.
I left the delay as it was 500 ms [Microseconds! or was it 5000]

However testing yesterday the first use of the Wipe wash activates the Headlamp washers then not again [did not get to 15 ] Later on second drive it did it again first use wash wipe activated headlamp washers with no lights on]

1} Question is that normal even with headlights off the Headlamp washers activate.
[I thought it was AFTER 5 or 15 not starts then counts down and ONLY if they are ON.

2] What is the delay for and what should it be is it MS [microseconds]

If my system is now coded wrong how do I reset it or just revert to 5.

3] When using Carista with ignition on should I have left lights on AUTO or ON or just OFF

WOW sorry cheers Guys
I've not touched the settings for my headlight washers and mine only activate when the lights are on.
I can't answer your other questions unfortunately.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
The delay in milliseconds could be either the soak time between the first and second headlight sprays or the time that you hold the lever in the wash position before the headlight washers activate.

You using carista? I presume that doesn't let you back up or see your historical coding changes?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.