Haynes Manual - which Golf one?

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
For a 2000 Leon, do I want the 98-2000 Golf one, or the 2001-2003 Golf one? Since they both cover the Mk4.

Ta.

Simon.

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
i bought the 2001 > golf manual, its pretty much all the same anyway, just seemed to cover some in more detail on the later one.

What do u want to use it for? anything in particular?

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Front Suspension.

How are the bottom of the struts attached? Do I need any special tools (apart from spring compressors)

Simon.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I think it is the later one....my manual is for the MK-IV Golf covering the Bora........(well it is a tolly):D

We just changed my suspension all round and had to Frig up a tool to undo a bolt at the top of the suspension.....see photo for the best frig in the world!!! it worked....but it did knacker the tools..... a hexagonal tool was located in the center and a socket peice used to undo the outer washer thing.....(Sorry, i dont know the terms...i am a geologist not a mechanic)...if you dont stop the inneer bolt moving it just spins as one peice and wont undo

TFormers005.jpg

come to think of it.....i think it was a spark plug socket..... so we could get the other tool through the middle

Last edited:

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Yeah, the top is the same as the Mk3 Golfs, etc. You can get a McPherson Strut tool from Halfords that makes it all much easier.

So there was nothing clever at the bottom of the strut. The diagrams on the web seem to imply some odd fixings.

Simon.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Is there a manual out there that covers things like removal of bumpers, interior trim, all the michanical details and things?????

I know Haynes dont do one (why, I dont know) but the golf one will only help with a few mechanical jobs.

Any ideas??

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
golf one should apply to 90% of interior bits

bumpers are quite similar to, the principle will be the same

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.