Hazard Switch Relocation: Pinout and How To

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Hopefully this is allowed...

I've posted this in another thread, but hadn't got round to actually trying it myself until this week.

So, for anyone looking to relocate the hazard switch in order to fit another head unit, there is a very well written guide:

In English (Google Translate)
In French (Original)

EDIT: Links updated and working 09/11/2021.

I can confirm it's 100% accurate and as long as you follow everything correctly, there's no reason it won't work for you either.

If anyone has any problems/questions, feel free to message me or reply to this thread and I'll do my best to answer or assist.

Last edited:
Reactions: csh

Ra4

Apr 20, 2020

I've posted this in another thread, but hadn't got round to actually trying it myself until this week.

So, for anyone looking to relocate the hazard switch in order to fit another head unit, there is a very well written guide here (The guide is originally in french, the link will take you via Google translate.)

I can confirm it's 100% accurate and as long as you follow everything correctly, there's no reason it won't work for you either.

If anyone has any problems/questions, feel free to message me or reply to this thread and I'll do my best to answer or assist.
Hi my friends im looking to do the exact same thing which headunits are recommend for under 300 at the moment im looking at the pioneer sph-da130DAB but was wondering if there are any other good ones?

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
I've got a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB, which I managed to get for £220 but usually go for around £300.

I'm very happy with it, fits excellently with the car.
Have a look at some reviews on YouTube before you buy.

Attachments

• 20200322_144951.jpg
    20200322_144951.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,022
  • 20200322_144956.jpg
    20200322_144956.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,146

Ra4

Apr 20, 2020
do you know if you can watch videos on this, and is it responsive and where did you manage to pick it up from, and if you could send me the link to the fascia i would appreciate it

May 14, 2023

So, for anyone looking to relocate the hazard switch in order to fit another head unit, there is a very well written guide:

In English (Google Translate)
In French (Original)

EDIT: Links updated and working 09/11/2021.

Hi, I just found your solution, but I have one question. How did you solved, the paking radar button positioning?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members