Head / fog Light issues - does anyone have any experience?

Aug 2, 2022
Hi all,

Hope I'm not duplicating a thread.

Only noticed this after 8 months of owning, because it was foggy for the first time yesterday.

My leon has auto lights which work mostly perfectly, with the range sensory being a little temperamental at times.

When tried to use my fog lights yesterday it seems, according to the dash that the only the rear fogs turn on. However by the light switch/dial only the fronts work. Either way only the rear lights seem to work. And the dipped do not come on with the switch/dial at all.

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of this happening?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Are you pulling the light switch out towards you when still on the auto setting? Or trying to turn the switch towards the fog light setting?

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There's no dash light for the front fogs only for rears
None of the VW’s I’ve owned have had a warning lamp for the on the instrumentation panel for the fog lights - I dare say all VAG cars are the same. I think mine has a warning lamps for the rear fog light but can’t remember as I very rarely use the rear fog light.

If you pull the rotary light switch outwards and turn it to the front fog light symbol, the colour of the symbol (next to the light switch) should change.

I maybe making an incorrect assumption, so apologies if I am, but you’ve not said in your original post whether you actually got out of the car and physically checked the front fog lights - I’m assuming you didn’t. If not, once you’ve turned the light switch to front fogs position check that the symbol next to the switch has changed colour and then check the front fogs are actually on.

From page 144 in the 2018 owners manual;

AA46F80F-1CA9-4271-A466-03FA4888E425.jpeg

Reactions: Walone and Jay5959
Aug 2, 2022
thanks, guys for the replies.

yeah, I am using it correctly. It's not my first VAG, just my first SEAT.
Good to know that the lights don't necessarily come up on the dash, thanks for that

The icons on the dial don't light up for the dimmed and fog.

I'm happy they work on auto; more thinking for its next MOT if this would be an issue.

thanks again

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
thanks, guys for the replies.

yeah, I am using it correctly. It's not my first VAG, just my first SEAT.
Good to know that the lights don't necessarily come up on the dash, thanks for that

The icons on the dial don't light up for the dimmed and fog.

I'm happy they work on auto; more thinking for its next MOT if this would be an issue.

thanks again
Icons or fogs dont need to work for mot i believe.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.