Head unit / Changer info

toady

Hey ...

Im buying a mk 3, 2000, seat ibiza tommorow and im just trying to find out info about getting a cd/mp3 player working.;...

ive tried looking around but i havnt found specifics...

What make is the standard factory fitted headunit?
Which cd changers are compatible?
Will the leads allready be in the boot?
and im guessing il need an adaptor anyway....

any help would be much appreciated
thanks
Paul.

toady

thanks for the replies...

so there is only certain ones i can get?, its just, i think ive seen that sony expensive one on ebay for like half the price... not sure if exactly the same....

toady

rite... so the Sony t70mx cd/mp3 changer will be ok?, aslong as i get the connects2 adaptor?

is it possible that the t70mx is the same thing as the msts001 , they seem to give the same search results, and on the connects2 site it says the msts001 is the one compatible with the adaptor and the ibiza....?

thanks!

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
i got me a connects2 today, but will an mp3 changer work ok with the headunit&connects2?? or does it have to be a non mp3 one?
mark

flashbsd

yes, i think so long as its the t69 onwards. or the red xplod mp3 one, you should be fine. im not sure how the HUD handles the extra folders, i assume it just reads them as a whole bunch of tracks :)

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
cool, cheers.
its the xplod one ive seen, 10disc, new on ebay £149 buy it now which is good.
Im going back to using the std headunit and an mp3 changer for a while, see how it sounds...

toady

yea, thats my plan. Not sure if its the 6 or 10 disk. But im going to get the sony t70(6 disk) and the connects 2 adapter, hopefully that will work?

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
hi mate

the msts**** is just the model number of the connects2 adapter.

and the software to decode the mp3's and deal with the folder numbers, etc is always internal to the changer, not the head unit (unless its an mp3 head unit obviously!). so it will be fine to connect an mp3 changer to the seat head unit via the connects 2 adapter. in fact, like someone on here said previously, any changer from the T69 onwards will work. just remember that the connects2 adapters, unless otherwise specified, only work with 6-disc changers, not 10-disc!

let me know what price you find if you go down the mp3 changer route cos i'd like to change mine over too

hope that helps!

toady

that really does help, thanks!

Yeah, im looking into the 6disk t70 mp3 changer. Just wasnt sure about the msts**** stuff....now i get it. So what is the adaptor like?, just one type of socket to another or what?, what sort of price should i look at paying?

thanks again everyone :)

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
First post - sorry if i am being 'stupid' .... But i'm just thinking...

Why dont you just buy something like this and stick your mp3/usb onto it:

Product no: CTASTUSB003
Made by Connects 2...

I havent yet bought it but I will do soon I think, unless anyone knows of any reason why I shouldn't? I assume it produces the same decent quality music as a CD Changer would?

Although - i'm not sure how you connect it - looking by the picture ya just wack it in the yellow/green/blue plugs which are originally in the back of the stereo ?? no idea, but ill give anything a whirl! !

Sorry if this is what your all chatting about...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.