headlamps replaced :-)

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
AT LAST!!!!!
I finally got round to taking pics of my headlamps with water running down inside the lenses and putting in a warranty claim. Had to make sure it was a dry day and the car was dirty so it could be shown it was a persistent problem.
Initially one was authorised but the other one was turned down despite water (not simply mist) was present. apparently because it wasnt affecting the light's performance, the affected area being in the corner at the indicator bulb.
I had to ring customer services and argue my case - it made absolutely no difference that I work for a SEAT dealer but eventually after 'a frank exchange of views' (I'll never be MD now :lol:) they agreed to do both . . . . .
Had to point out it was a 20k car, it is a common problem, mention the forum, same s**t anyone has to go through but persistence won.
ps foglamp already replaced for the same reason but the replacement just as bad :(

andycupra

status subject to change
well done.

but i have to ask.. will it make any difference? If its a design fault and nothing has changed then nothing will change.

In my opinion (if its not due to a leak) it will be a lack of air circulation in the unit. Increasing this will prevent further issues.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
definitely modified lamps. they were backordered for a while and relaunched with new part number. had frost, snow, rain and jetwash and not a trace of condensation (so far)
they even look 'shinier' if you know what i mean. my original lamps always looked like there was a scummy film inside the lens, these are absolutely crystal. see how it goes with time . . . . . .

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
now you have new headlamps, put a pack of silica gel in each one. stops any moist forming. I did have a lot of steaming on cold days. i sorted mine by removing the rubber bung behind the main beams to air the headlamp of a few dry days. then i replaced the bung and put a silica gel pack behind the dipped beams. Hey presto, no more steaming.

Good to hear you got ur headlamps sorted. nothing looks worse than a car with steamed up headlamps.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
definitely modified lamps. they were backordered for a while and relaunched with new part number. had frost, snow, rain and jetwash and not a trace of condensation (so far)
they even look 'shinier' if you know what i mean. my original lamps always looked like there was a scummy film inside the lens, these are absolutely crystal. see how it goes with time . . . . . .

I also got replacements a couple weeks back and mine look absolutely brilliant. shiney as hell!

had snow, ice the lot... and only one has a tiny bit of condensation in the corner which clears after a couple of days anyway.

Its lookin good :)

andyffc

Before I fitted HID's never had the condensation problem.

As soon as I fit HID's guess what. And yes, holes drilled too.

I'm gonna try the silica gel option me thinks. I don't think I will be able to get a warranty repair done seeing as I have modified that part of the car.

If the silica gel fails I will have to just buy some aftermarket light clusters. Just hope I can find ones that don't look "max power."

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga

I'm gonna try the silica gel option me thinks. I don't think I will be able to get a warranty repair done seeing as I have modified that part of the car.

If the silica gel fails I will have to just buy some aftermarket light clusters. Just hope I can find ones that don't look "max power."

Easy one mate,

see the grommet for the hids.. silicone sealer on the inside and outside of it.

Jobs a good 'un

andyffc

Easy one mate,

see the grommet for the hids.. silicone sealer on the inside and outside of it.

Jobs a good 'un

Well done. I didn't even think of that.

Luckily I got silicon gun handy, so gonna go do that now.

Should I still leave a bag of silica in each one just to be on the safe side?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net

mine were bad from new, nothing to do with hid's - hid's refitted with new lamps :)

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I had to ring customer services and argue my case - it made absolutely no difference that I work for a SEAT dealer but eventually after 'a frank exchange of views' (I'll never be MD now :lol:) they agreed to do both . . . . .

Thats bad that they don't even listen to one of their own!

Good work on getting it sorted though! :)