Headlights too high?

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
Hey guys, so I got my cupra Leon about 2 weeks ago and I've noticed that oncoming drivers keep signaling their high beams at me as if I have my high beams on. I think my headlights look a bit high and im blinding them. Do you guys have this issue? Is there a way to lower the headlights?

Nov 16, 2022
I have just registered to ask the same question - i have a 22 Formentor and the headlights seem incredibly bright and high on Auto setting. The high beams are even brighter, lighting up miles of road ahead. Normal headlights also appear to be in two distinct rays of light - I took the attached picture which isn't the best quality but this is just normal headlights, NOT high beams
20221108_175459.jpg

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
I have just registered to ask the same question - i have a 22 Formentor and the headlights seem incredibly bright and high on Auto setting. The high beams are even brighter, lighting up miles of road ahead. Normal headlights also appear to be in two distinct rays of light - I took the attached picture which isn't the best quality but this is just normal headlights, NOT high beams View attachment 34440
I know mate its very weird. Oncoming traffic gets bothered by it as they keep beaming their lights at me. It seems that yours are even higher than mine but it makes sense as the Leon is lower than the Formentor.

Nov 16, 2022
I had a few people flash me the first couple of times I drove it at night but not so much recently. For me, it's more a phycological thing in that they just feel too high and too bright but they could be completely normal. The fact that the high beams are so much brighter does make me think that maybe the actual headlights are fine and it's just in my head. It's the first time I've had a slightly higher car, previously had a BMW M135i and VW Golf GTD so lower vehicles. Depending on what other members say on here, I might just take it in to get checked just for my own piece of mind :)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
If the headlights are like other Seat led lights you can manually adjust them.

Engine Running, Lights ON ( Not just on auto )
There are two manual adjusters in the top of the headlight ( usually a 6mm hex fitting )
manually adjust the lights to where you want them ( Ideally using an MOT beam tester )
The lights will return to this setting when they auto level.

Last edited:

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
I had a few people flash me the first couple of times I drove it at night but not so much recently. For me, it's more a phycological thing in that they just feel too high and too bright but they could be completely normal. The fact that the high beams are so much brighter does make me think that maybe the actual headlights are fine and it's just in my head. It's the first time I've had a slightly higher car, previously had a BMW M135i and VW Golf GTD so lower vehicles. Depending on what other members say on here, I might just take it in to get checked just for my own piece of mind :)
high beams are not necessarily brighter. They just point higher creating the illusion that they are brighter.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
If the headlights are like other Seat led lights you can manually adjust them.

Engine Running, Lights ON ( Not just on auto )
There are two manual adjusters in the top of the headlight ( usually a 6mm hex fitting )
manually adjust the lights to where you want them ( Ideally using an MOT beam tester )
The lights will not return to this setting when they auto level.
Am I reading this wrong?
The lights will not return to the new setting?? I must be understanding it incorrectly or theres no point in adjusting the lights 🤨

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise