Heated washer jets

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I saw this post below
https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/retrofit-heated-fan-washer-jets-mk3-leon.456122/
And I thought Maybe it could work for our Leons too. So I got the materials.
First issue, I wasn't able to run the cable from the engine to the inside of the car. I found where the bunch of cables, behind the glove box, are but I couldn't even make a wire got through. Mine is the e-Hybrid and there is a couple of really thick cables that makes everything really tight and I didn't want to risk to tear something there.
So my second idea was, why not connect them to one of the fuses in the engine bay. I was thinking on something that could be activated and deactivated so they wouldn't be running all the time. I saw fuse 10 is for the front windscreen washer (I'm assuming is the pump). I wasn't sure is this would be constant current fuse, like the lighter fuse or more like current only goes when actually using the pump. Anyway connected to it waited, I couldn't feel them any warmer. Tried using the pump for 15 seconds and nothing either.

I think my questions are, does anyone know if fuse 10 would have constant current?
How hot do the heated jets? Could you feel them by touching? and how long would they need to get warm?

Appreciate all the help you can give

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
I actually found how to do it. In our Leon's the heated jets are connected to the climate control unit not the bcm. We already have the cable from that unit to one of the connectors on the left side under panels so they can be connected there. Then just with obd in the climate control unit is just to activate them. I have then somehow connected and working at the moment. So when the temperature falls below 5C they activate automatically. I'm waiting to receive some proper connectors to put it all nicely. Ill take some photos and share it here when I do it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise