Heated water jets

Wilkip

Sep 14, 2006
My old Rover 200VI had them so why dont SEAT ?

Driving in this morning, windscreen clear from ice after scrapping it all off. then joined the motorway and get sprayed with all the salt on the road !!
So what happens when i go for the water to wash it all off ? a big fat nothing !
Instead the wipers done their usual wipe 3 times which left the windscreen even worse !!!!:help:

I'm sure it would cost that much to put in heated water jets !

And if anyone says "why didnt you put more de-icer in the water" the car has just come from its 30K service !! and i paid £3 for the water to be drained and refilled "NICE" :headhurt:

Oh Merry Christmas !!:D

FR Tim

I have to agree, I have had to pull over on the M3 several times this week to pour water on the screen because of no visibility due to frozen jets, I even tried using hot water to unclog them this morning to no avail [:@]

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Cool - I didnt know these things even existed! In gonna get the element out my kettle and install it into the system! :coolthumb:

Tell

Staff member
I saw a German driver put little droplets of something on his jets from a bottle... then his wife / partner whatever told him to get some frozen grass and clean the windscreen with it... um freezing point of the green gunge in the grass may be or more green than using something else :). Pass... but nevertheless he cleaned the windscreen with the grass, heavens knows what was in the pippets he put on the nosles.

Wizardtm

On a german site a guide was posted to retrofit the heated water jets, with just approx. 30 euro's, some time and patience it is possible to do [B)]

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi Pummy,

I'd say: forget about the Polo-parts ... and take the 5P-parts instead.

Sorry, but my technical vocabulary is a little poor, so the german terms may be more useful than a probably wrong translation:

- 5P0 955 988 B Scheibenwaschduese rechts beheizbar 5,59euro (ri. heated jet)
- 5P0 955 987 B - Scheibenwaschduese links beheizbar 5,59euro (le. heated jet)
- 4x 357 972 740 D - Kabeldurchfuehrung je 0,52euro (grommet)
- 1J0 973 702 - Stecker 1,80euro (plug)
- 1J0 973 802 - Buchse 1,36euro (socket)
- 000 979 131 - Einzelleitung mit 2 Pins 2,56euro (single main with 2 pins)
- 000 979 132 - Einzelleitung mit 2 Pins 2,56euro (single main with 2 pins)
- 000 979 133 - Einzelleitung mit 2 Pins 2,56euro (single main with 2 pins)
- 2x 6L6 853 575 A - Klipse je 0,55euro (clips)
- kleine Sicherung 5A (fuse)
- Ringverbinder 6mm o. 8mm (connector)
- 5m Kabel 1mm² (cabel)
- Lötkolben & Schrumpfschlauch (soldering iron & shrink tubing)
- 20er Torx

greets ... Klaus

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I do believe that this might be the instructions and details + photos for doing it to the Altea in German....

http://www.blank-christian.de/download/EBA-Heizduesen.pdf

If any body does do the mod please post up :).

I Googled Klawits part number and found the PDA.
Hi Tell,

yes ... you're correct, that's the source of my information, as it's connected with my home-board, where I'm in charge of collecting and maintaining .

We're hosting several documents at that user's private space and were eager not to spread the links around, as the traffic on the server increased tremendously last year, when some of those links with files ~ 50mb were mentioned all over international seat-boards.

It's not, that we don't want others to participate ... it's just the costs of traffic plus the authorisation/copyright of the DIY-authors, who did this on behalf of the seatforum.de

But maybe, there is a chance for cooperation ...

QUESTION especially @ADMINS :
If there is a way to store some of the requested documents (~1-5 mb) within the seatcupra-board, I could check with my guys (authors), if this is ok with them.

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
We'll see what MOrk has to say.... bit of a weird one hiding your content on internet due to the cost of hosting, authorisation and copyright. Isn't that what internet is for ?.
Agreed ... but that's a longer story regarding the development of our hosting services ...

in the early days, those DIYs were hosted seperately on each author's private server, thus spread all over ...

next, some of them users "disappeared" and their documents as well ... :(

starting my job as MOD there, I collected all the remaining files and asked for a space within the community, where those goodies could be hosted ... plus gathering the approval from the authors, that seatforum.de will be the place, where their documents are served.
And the hosting server is rented & run by a chap who is a reliable member of our board.

So, I'm kinda responsible for maintaining their files ... especially as the authors have my word, that I'll be guarding them.
Imagine, a DIY was posted and weeks later some users complain about wrong partnumbers or even worse, damage, that was done while retrofitting ... then the manual has to be corrected and put in place ... that's why a single point of hosting is more than useful.

Especially today, there's lots of discussions about copyrights (pictures at ebay etc.) and I feel, that I/we have to take care, that those DIYs aren't misused ... which already happened twice, where a seller offered those DIYs ... :think:

Even if it seems to be one more of the typical german quirks, I'm assuming, that above reasons are understandable.

greets again ... Klaus

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Klawit,

On the heated washer guide there's as comment that the pre-prepared cable can be purchased direct from Seat for ~€50. What part number is that?

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi darrellr,

sorry, no idea yet ... but I've posted a request in our board and hope, that the author or someone else who fitted these parts, will give us a hint or even better, the correct partno.

greets ... Klaus

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
... here I am back with the requested partnos ...

5P0971204 Leitungssatz / wiring ~ 60 Euros incl. german VAT (19%)
5P0955987B Spritzdüse links beheizbar / left heated jet ~ 10 Euros incl.
5P0955988B Spritzdüse rechts beheizbar / right heated jet ~10 Euros incl.

Hope it's what you were looking for.

btw. no difference between LHD/RHD

greets ... Klaus

Tell

Staff member
I'll have to print this thread off and do a proper translate on that page I found since I'm interested in this project for the summer months, saying that we don't get too many days when one would need it in outer London [blessed with the heating factor of London] but travelling in central europe, the sticks and elsewhere the nozzles freezing up is annoying. So to the lack of a warm start and hot air from cold.

thebears

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2004
I ordered my Leon FR with the winter pack. However my S3 (new shape) which i am trading in has them as standard.

Sat in traffic today idecided to wash the windscree, jets work, water hits windscreen, water freezes leaving streaks all over the window, Now i cant see.

The car had been running for at least an hour and it was -5 deg outside.

Just as bad IMHO, washer work but freezes on the window. :w4nk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.