Heater issue

IBIZANICK

May 18, 2018
Hi

I have an 18 plate Ibiza which seems to have some hot air issues. The dealership looked at the problem last year and are telling me there is nothing wrong.

Hot air is being pushed out from vents when the climate control is off and all vents are closed. To keep the car at a decent temperature we have tp open the windows and sun-roof.
The centre vent/plastic surround andthe top of the infotainment unit also get very hot.

The problem seems to be worse on the centre vent and the driver side leg vent.

The car is in for annual service next week and the dealer is aware of the issue, so if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

TIA

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Hi

I have an 18 plate Ibiza which seems to have some hot air issues. The dealership looked at the problem last year and are telling me there is nothing wrong.

Hot air is being pushed out from vents when the climate control is off and all vents are closed. To keep the car at a decent temperature we have tp open the windows and sun-roof.
The centre vent/plastic surround andthe top of the infotainment unit also get very hot.

The car is in for annual service next week and the dealer is aware of the issue, so if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

TIA
Is it the new ibiza? I have a similar problem but in my polo with the vent off the air that goes inside its hot.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I think the problem lies in the location of the air ventilation both in the vw polo and in the new ibiza are in the same place, the air intake is under the wind-shield blades and you can see that the warm air coming from the engine enters through there,in seat from 2017/2018 the ventilation exit is higher and maybe its difficult to the exit hot air this is my explanation.
The dealer does nothing and will say that the car has no problems.
What i do is the following when i feel hot air coming in i turn on the ac for a few seconds to cool the inside of the channels and then i turn it off, from then on the air is no longer hot.

Reactions: IBIZANICK

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@IBIZANICK; any reason why you don’t just leave your climate control switched on?

I have a current generation VW Polo GTI+ and have never had this issue, although I always keep my air con switched on at all times (my car has the more basic air con system rather than auto climate control).

With your car’s more sophisticated climate control, if you set your desired cabin temperature then the climate control system will make automatic adjustments to maintain that temperature, so you shouldn’t need to open the windows or sunroof to keep the cabin at a decent temperature.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
This place is where the air enters the cabin
20220709_160842.jpg

you can see the temperature difference there and on the left side

Attachments

• 20220709_160932.jpg
    20220709_160932.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220709_160945.jpg
    20220709_160945.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 76

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Hi

TIA
Fix this by turning AC to the minimum temp and then turning it off again. I've had what I think is the same issue and this did the trick for me. It seems there is a hot/cold air channel somewhere and the hot air channel stays open if the last temperature setting was high. While you drive a vacuum is created in the cabin that pulls the hot air out from what I've noticed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members