Heavy duty seat covers

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Anyone got any recommendations for any heavy duty seat covers that will fit the Formentor front seats? I have a dog who I regularly take in the car and have been using an old cover I have but it's a really bad fit due to the size of the seats.
I know I can get covers for the back seats, but would prefer front ones.

Thanks

Nov 29, 2022
I use these (although not for a dog!) and they seem pretty robust….

Carseatcover-UK Heavy Duty Black Waterproof Car Seat Covers for BUCKET RECARO SPORTS seats - 2 x Fronts (Airbag Friendly) https://amzn.eu/d/4H3CirW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I know that these - and similar - seat covers do a decent job of protecting the seats, so they’re a worthwhile investment if the seat occupants are dirty dogs or passengers with unavoidably dirty clothing. However, IMHO they don’t look great, and tend to look ‘baggy’ as if someone has put an old black plastic bin liner over the seat for protection. The baggy look is probably unavoidable unless covers are custom made for a specific car model which I dare say would be expensive.

@/dev/null; if you can relegate the dog to the back seat, something like the products at the links below looks as if they’d do a decent job of containing dirt and keeping the seats clean.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Thanks, I've had a think and in hindsight it's probably best getting a rear cover because I can just leave it in, whereas now I have to swap it out when I have a passenger.

Bought the one from the previous post link 👍

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
We always have our pooch in the boot area, parcel shelf out obviously. She's a 30kg, 10 year old Labradoodle and jumps in and out with no problems.

We found a really nice bed from Dogdozer that fits perfectly (boot tray under the bed), and a foldable bumper protector that is the perfect width for the Formentor. The latter is really useful when loading the boot up in any case. Wouldn't be without it tbh.

Happy to share details, photos etc. if of any interest?

Reactions: Cvpra

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Try “DryRobe” - can’t recommend these enough.

Had the grey ones in my S3 and they fit really well and in winter nice n cosy (y)

Its a surf company/product to stop water getting on your seats so I’d deffo recommend

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
I use this for my dogs;

Not waterproof, but covers seats and doors completely, with holes to plug the leash into the seatbelt lock.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members