Hello 👋 newbie cupra owner just joined

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi and welcome to the forum. They're a friendly bunch on here and we do like to see photos :)

I too have a formentor they are great cars. Mines the eHybrid version, they don't do diesels here in the UK.

Reactions: jcbmally

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
Hi and welcome to the forum. They're a friendly bunch on here and we do like to see photos :)

I too have a formentor they are great cars. Mines the eHybrid version, they don't do diesels here in the UK.
Thank you very much! Oh I'll try get some photos 📸 😊

I love the formentor 🥰 how do you find the eHybrid? I'm not in the UK so I was able to get diesel in my country.

Mine is also manual too .. I would have loved the AWD DSG but few people I know have gotten it manual here and its good 😁

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thank you very much! Oh I'll try get some photos 📸 😊

I love the formentor 🥰 how do you find the eHybrid? I'm not in the UK so I was able to get diesel in my country.

Mine is also manual too .. I would have loved the AWD DSG but few people I know have gotten it manual here and its good 😁
I would say it's the best car I've ever owned, it looks fantastic and I love it!

I found the transition between electric and petrol is so smooth it's not noticeable which really surprised me (my first experience with a hybrid). Economy wise it's great, most of my return journeys are within the battery range :).

Mines the DSG front wheel drive which is perhaps the only drawback. The DSG is superb but the front wheels are far too happy to spin when pulling away, something I've not had with any of my previous fwd cars. I'm hoping it's just the Bridgestone tyres (I've never been a fan), but it'll be a while before they need changing, though the spinning will wear them out quicker :D.

Reactions: Cupra_Girl222

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
I would say it's the best car I've ever owned, it looks fantastic and I love it!

I found the transition between electric and petrol is so smooth it's not noticeable which really surprised me (my first experience with a hybrid). Economy wise it's great, most of my return journeys are within the battery range :).

Mines the DSG front wheel drive which is perhaps the only drawback. The DSG is superb but the front wheels are far too happy to spin when pulling away, something I've not had with any of my previous fwd cars. I'm hoping it's just the Bridgestone tyres (I've never been a fan), but it'll be a while before they need changing, though the spinning will wear them out quicker :D.
Same for me I agree completely!

What kind of range would you do normally? That's great to hear that you are liking it and it suits your needs. I commute some distance for work so I decided to stick with trusty diesel.

Yes I absolutely loved the AWD DSG and I imagine it would be magnificent in the FWD too, compared to some of the audi's I've driven I love how delicate the DSG is in the formentor. Im sure it's just the tyres I wouldn't mind wheel spin myself

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Usually between 20 & 30 miles round trip that's all. In summer months she'll do upto 35 miles on a charge but in the winter that'll drop down a fair bit. Because I drive mainly electric I'm averaging over 90mpg since I've owned the car. Quite happy with that :) as cost per mile is still around half the price using electricity over petrol.

Anyway, I've just noticed the black formentor in your avatar pic. I assume that's yours?

Reactions: Cupra_Girl222

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
IMG_20221110_115018_022.jpg

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
Usually between 20 & 30 miles round trip that's all. In summer months she'll do upto 35 miles on a charge but in the winter that'll drop down a fair bit. Because I drive mainly electric I'm averaging over 90mpg since I've owned the car. Quite happy with that :) as cost per mile is still around half the price using electricity over petrol.

Anyway, I've just noticed the black formentor in your avatar pic. I assume that's yours?
Posted a big photo there for you 😊 metallic midnight black my first black car and I feel like i need to get it washed every week 😅 I loved the graphene grey but this car is all black i love it black roof cloth black leather bucket seats metallic black paint looks very aggressive and the copper badge goes so well. Aong as it wasn't candy white i think id have been happy. Be interesting how you go with your hybrid doing winter hopefully it will go well for you. For work my round trip be 275km so thats like 170 miles i think so that's why I stuck with diesel. I hope cupra bring out a hydrogen car in a couple of years would be amazing. Definitely think I would be happy in hydrogen car would be just as practical as an ICE car

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I've had black previously and it does show the muck quickly but looks so good when clean. Having said that my desire red one soon looks dirty especially this time of year.
Wow, that's some daily commute! Diesel is really your only option at the moment, must cost you fortune in fuel though! I'm not sure there's that much interest from the motor manufacturers to go with hydrogen, I hope I'm wrong though. I still reckon you'll be waiting more than a couple of years for cupra.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise