Hello and abit about my Seat

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
Hello to everyone!

I am a new member and have just purchased a mk3 Ibiza 20v T (love it to bits!), I am looking to modify it soon, and hope to get some help along the way bcuz i really will need it. my car was bought with a few problems e.g. the fuel gauge and temp dnt work, however this is being sorted and the instrument cluster will be sent for repair on monday!

when i get the clock back, i will be getting it checked out by a performance centre and see what power it is putting out at the moment, it has a bigger turbo fitted at the moment its a garret turbo, i checked the serial code on a garret website and it says the turbo can take upto 320 bhp, i bought the car with this turbo fitted and was wondering if anyone knows what kinda power it would be putting out without a remap just the turbo fitted, it also has a full scorpion exhaust with sports cat, thats all the mods, the code for the turbo on the reciept is GT2560R B/B if that helps. any ideas on the power out put wud be great!

P.S

after i am happy with the mapping and trubo setting, i will be looking for a suitable dump valve and intake system, any ideas will again be much appreciated!

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
you will be needing a front mounted intercooler. also might be worth checking if you have bigger maf, injectors, high flow manifold. im guessing it has all of this. hows it running? sounds like a good spec. is the person you got it of a member on here?

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
I have had a quick look at it at my dads garage, to be fair i dont think it has nay of the mids that you have described, which is abit scary! :S.

the person i bought it of was a trader and not the owner, however i did look through the reciepts and found the turbo techics one and the exhuast one, no oothers were found so i dont think there was any further mods, i did think to myself that its very wierd he has no dump or intercooler or any other mods, i figure it as maybe he fitted these mods and ran into a bit of a finance issue, and sold up, i assume this becus i did get it as a bargain.

as for running, the car is quite fast, my friend across my dads garage has a mk4 gti apparently same engine as these, and hes is running at 205bhp proven, and to be fair i have not drag raced or enifin with him, but mine does feel alot faster. so im hoping its around that bhp at the moment, and maybe a remap and the mods you described could take me to a 250-300 bhp area? a sensible thought? what you think?

Samad

Nov 29, 2009
also i have a boost gauge to fit does anybody know were i can get a nice holder for it prefrebly a indash one. thanks, really like the golf ones that are mounted like a clock on the top steering couling, that would be real nice for my seat.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
yer as you say seems the guy has run out of money half way through a project you have a fair way to go to get that turbo to its max. im not 100% but i would not go putting your foot down with the mods you have. im just thinking it cant be good for your car being pretty much standard with a big turbo. thier are loads of guys who know way more than i do about it. im pretty much new to the cupra too.
get writting your shopping list.
as for the gauge a quick search on here and you will find lots of info. also with a search you can find out all the parts you will need to unleash all the bhp that turbo has to offer.

urbanracer8

Mar 11, 2010
Bridgwater, Somerset
Hello to everyone!

I am a new member and have just purchased a mk3 Ibiza 20v T (love it to bits!), I am looking to modify it soon, and hope to get some help along the way bcuz i really will need it. my car was bought with a few problems e.g. the fuel gauge and temp dnt work, however this is being sorted and the instrument cluster will be sent for repair on monday!

when i get the clock back, i will be getting it checked out by a performance centre and see what power it is putting out at the moment, it has a bigger turbo fitted at the moment its a garret turbo, i checked the serial code on a garret website and it says the turbo can take upto 320 bhp, i bought the car with this turbo fitted and was wondering if anyone knows what kinda power it would be putting out without a remap just the turbo fitted, it also has a full scorpion exhaust with sports cat, thats all the mods, the code for the turbo on the reciept is GT2560R B/B if that helps. any ideas on the power out put wud be great!

P.S

after i am happy with the mapping and trubo setting, i will be looking for a suitable dump valve and intake system, any ideas will again be much appreciated!

where u sending the clocks or repair mate i fink i need the same for mine

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
also i have a boost gauge to fit does anybody know were i can get a nice holder for it prefrebly a indash one. thanks, really like the golf ones that are mounted like a clock on the top steering couling, that would be real nice for my seat.

there are two good ways for the boostguage holder
1: cupra r guage holder(fits under headunit)
2: nomad door pillar

or you can buy a universal boost guage holder and fit it under your headunit this way you still get to use the storage tray and your not always looking at the boost guage. this is the option i went for but now have bought a twin nomad guage holder