Hello Fellow Cupras!

Jacknm2

Mar 24, 2021
North West
Hi guys,

I'm Jack, 31yo father of 1 (don't know why I'm tell you that lol), just joined the frey and got my first Cupra, dream car come true! Been driving seats since 2009 when I got my first Leon 1.6L Petrol at 19 years old, had 5 leons in total, last 2 were 2.0L TDI FR's, went from manual to DSG due to my back problems and finally on my 7th car I got the dream! Finally feel worthy to join these forums haha.

Absolutely buzzing about it. 69 Plate Cupra 290 with Alacantara seats and doors. The power jump from 181ps to 290ps is amazing.
20210320_160143.jpg

20210320_160154.jpg

Looking forward to when we can do meet ups again!

I know I should probably start a proper thread about it but if any one can give me a heads up on a good steering lock to buy that fits the steering wheel in this beast that would be great, I dont quite fancy one of those large things that cover the whole thing though.

Glad to be here!

Reactions: Syphon and jcbmally

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Welcome. I just bought a Cupra Ateca. And shortly after a Stoplock Pro Elite, which has a much bigger curve in the bar, and clears the steering wheel boss/airbag.

Reactions: Jacknm2

Jacknm2

Mar 24, 2021
North West
Welcome. I just bought a Cupra Ateca. And shortly after a Stoplock Pro Elite, which has a much bigger curve in the bar, and clears the steering wheel boss/airbag.
Thanks for the Welcome and the recommendation! Just ordered it online :)

Those Cupra Atecas are nice looking motors, was looking at one a while back but for what I want/need a little out my price range. Couple more years for me I think haha.

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Welcome mate, that’s a lovely motor. You should have joined up earlier, despite the forum name they accept people with other seat models too 😁👍

Last edited:

Jacknm2

Mar 24, 2021
North West
Thanks pal,

I know had me sold as soon as I saw it lol. I probably should of joined sooner, always been a bit of a lurker, forum has been helpful a few times already with last car so decided to join up and try and be a bit more active, though as I tend to do on any forum i'll just pop up every now and again lol.

Reactions: Jay5959

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi guys,

I'm Jack, 31yo father of 1 (don't know why I'm tell you that lol), just joined the frey and got my first Cupra, dream car come true! Been driving seats since 2009 when I got my first Leon 1.6L Petrol at 19 years old, had 5 leons in total, last 2 were 2.0L TDI FR's, went from manual to DSG due to my back problems and finally on my 7th car I got the dream! Finally feel worthy to join these forums haha.

Absolutely buzzing about it. 69 Plate Cupra 290 with Alacantara seats and doors. The power jump from 181ps to 290ps is amazing.
View attachment 23024
View attachment 23025
Looking forward to when we can do meet ups again!

I know I should probably start a proper thread about it but if any one can give me a heads up on a good steering lock to buy that fits the steering wheel in this beast that would be great, I dont quite fancy one of those large things that cover the whole thing though.

Glad to be here!
Welcome buddy, lovely looking motor, I'm a big fan of the greys :thumbup:

Jacknm2

Mar 24, 2021
North West
Welcome buddy, lovely looking motor, I'm a big fan of the greys :thumbup:
Thank you! And completely agree, this gun metal grey (as I call it) and the bronze/black badging just makes it stand out, when the light catches the grey just right it glistens lovely. Had it once before on a 61 plate Leon FR or at least similar.

As you can tell, completely fell in love with the car haha.

Reactions: jcbmally

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Thank you! And completely agree, this gun metal grey (as I call it) and the bronze/black badging just makes it stand out, when the light catches the grey just right it glistens lovely. Had it once before on a 61 plate Leon FR or at least similar.

As you can tell, completely fell in love with the car haha.
Not jealous one bit! 😳😂 my next car has to be a cupra, just need to get the wife onboard!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members